Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Ok Guys I have a problem

All sorted now.

Thanks everyone for your help
    When hunting think safety first

I wind fully one way as far as can go,wind back other way counting clicks then half that amount and wind that number of clicks back,should centre crosshairs in scope,I do it for both windage and elevation on a new scope.

you can do the centre thing piece of piss wit ha collimetre/bore sighter...loosen rings and turn scope in them while looking through it...My .223 is plurry near dead on central...I believe its the scope base rail that helps with that.
    7mm Rem Mag and Magnus like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    First step is to set the adjustments to the optical axis of the scope.
    Make a scope holder like this:
    Attachment 204771
    Apologies if it looks too big - ive uploaded the original file.
    Put the tube resting in the two V and point at an object in the e distance. Can be like 20m. Spin the scope in the Vs and the cross hair will move round in a circle. Adjust the dials till it sits still then the crosshair is in the middle of the tube. Then you can refix the dials however swaro does it. On scopeswith a zero setting you may notbe able to adjust down after you fix the turrets so will have to loosen and turn without them if your shots are high. At this point you need someone who knows how the Z5 zero system works.
    That’s a really cool trick. I don’t know how I never knew of it before reading here.

An older mate told me and gave me the V block jig.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    While at the range today I sighted in my 7mm rem mag since I just got the Z5 scope back from getting fixed.

Problem is I fired at the target and it was just right of the target holder and low so I had to do around 30 clicks left and similar amount high to get it onto the bulls eye at 100 meters problem was it was now on full elevation so once turrets were added I could not adjust any higher.

100 meter 7mm rem mag

When I put the scope back on the riffle the bases were still on the riffle so I only had to put scope back on and tighten, eye relief good etc.

Have I overlooked something? or is there a problem with the scope? I would have thought it should just do up and maybe a slight adjustment.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?
    A member on here ‘Tech’ is an expert at these Z5 turrets. Let’s see if he comments.

Not really applicable since the solution has been found but as a side note you can optically centre the scope prior to mounting by placing objective on a mirror (bathroom works for me) and you will be able to see two lots of reticles. Adjust as required to align both reticles. Or count clicks from absolute bottom to top (careful not to wind on too hard at the ends) divide by 2. First thing I do after buying a new scope is do the mechanical method then refine with the mirror. Tip for counting is pen and paper and make a mark every 10 or so clicks, tedious but I am OCD like that
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.