Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Online Leupold no go

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    Parallel importing has its pro's and cons. You might save $1000 off the apparent price. Your postage will be like $150-$200 Then you'll get stung for gst and then pay $300. So you're seemingly up at least $500. If something goes wrong you're now in the poo. You now own a $2500 piece of useless trademe fodder. Naturally the local guy isnt going to want help as He hasn’t made any money at all. He's actually losing money just taking to you. That little serial code on it will be your undoing.
    Having invested so much in something so important, i reckon paying the extra 17% is worth it. Having your glass back inside of a fortnight is better than waiting 2 months
    I'm thinking the same as you right now. But with brands like leupy nightforce etc, there is still a warranty, you need to send it back to the states, so could take 2-3 months. I am planning a build. I have a budget of about 3k for rifle and scope. Rifle is $1150, scope mounting will be about 300. So I have about $1600 to spend, Buying here will severely limit my choices.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    No way I would buy here. You have a warrenty and aftermarket service if you buy from a good supplier.
    Hmmmm.. you are stuck with the official agent for warranty and service if you buy in NZ - may not always be a good idea.

Beretta, Zeiss etc all through the same crowd and their service SUCKED BALLS when it came to getting a small clip sorted on some $2k binos that fell apart in a week.
    Have had 4 attempts, and just gave up in the end... Could have paid just under $1k nz for the same thing overseas, and been in same position.

The only unbelievable service I;ve come across in NZ that makes it not worth ordering from the US, is Dillon gear from Serious Shooters.... I finding it very hard to buy more while over here haha

These guys are the issue with Leupold exports form the U.S ( NIOA trading Australia) Leupold will stop supplying any retailer caught sending any thing down under ,Nioa is protecting its over inflated retail prices in Aus and NZ..

Anyone got an update on this thread ? Is there still a lock down on leupold products being sent to NZ .
    Agree with the comments for over inflated oh let's call it what is it, price gouging

There should be a wall of shame for it. And retailers cry foul when consumers go off shore for the same product landed cheaper to their door even with freight fees etc.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

The rifle scope store will ship leupold to nz, I only asked them a week or so ago.

Optic zone are good to deal with. Got a zeiss through them a month ago, arrived within 10 days.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    Parallel importing has its pro's and cons. You might save $1000 off the apparent price. Your postage will be like $150-$200 Then you'll get stung for gst and then pay $300. So you're seemingly up at least $500. If something goes wrong you're now in the poo. You now own a $2500 piece of useless trademe fodder. Naturally the local guy isnt going to want help as He hasn’t made any money at all. He's actually losing money just taking to you. That little serial code on it will be your undoing.
    Having invested so much in something so important, i reckon paying the extra 17% is worth it. Having your glass back inside of a fortnight is better than waiting 2 months
    That sounds wonderful, then you find out the retailers here are parallel importing themselves. So when shit breaks that you paid the ripoff price here for and the wholesaler won't back it (surprise surprise) you would wonder why people even bother going to the shops here. Put your hand up Dunedin h&f you thieving lying cunts.
    kiwijames and Survy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    That sounds wonderful, then you find out the retailers here are parallel importing themselves. So when shit breaks that you paid the ripoff price here for and the wholesaler won't back it (surprise surprise) you would wonder why people even bother going to the shops here. Put your hand up Dunedin h&f you thieving lying cunts.
    So you don't recommend your local H&F either then!

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Wirehunt likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Ejected
    Oh another trick they have is advertising shit they don't got. And simple shit, a mate that is a real slow learner bought the hard to get X bolt from them. Still waiting. That'll cost him at the roar if it hasn't showed

A little off topic but not worth a new thread... Cn I buy a B and C stock over here and send it back to NZ? Or are they considered a firearm part?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    The rifle scope store will ship leupold to nz, I only asked them a week or so ago.
    Thanks for that, I emailed Scott today at the rifle store, got a reply back after hours at his end with the link to what I was after, have ordered it from his website, now just sit back and wait for mr postie.

@wirehunt, yep I am so getting the vibes of h & f now, they don't see customers walking in the store they see $$ signs walking in, doesn't feel like they want to help a hunter get out there doing it.

Had amazing service from Scott at The Rifle Scope Store, Leupold finally arrived yesterday after customs spent 3-4 days molesting it.
    Was very well packaged, def be placing another order with him.

Yeah Scotts great to deal with, hard to imagine he's on the other side to the world so-to-speak!

Quote Originally Posted by .22-250 everything View Post
    A little off topic but not worth a new thread... Cn I buy a B and C stock over here and send it back to NZ? Or are they considered a firearm part?
    No and yes

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    No and yes
    Gee thats a greay answer there ... really cleared that up for us beaver
    .22-250 everything likes this.

Im pretty sure that ment no you can't and yes its considered a firearm part

Or that's how i read it anyway

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.