Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Pulsar night vision...difficulty zeroing it in.

Anyone using a Pulsar Digisight Ultra N355?.
    I went through 20 rounds at the NZDA range yesterday and struggled to zero it in.
    It can only be me not using the functions and menu system properly but have taken it to R&R for them to check the mounts and have a crack at zeroing it as well. Grouping was good but struggled to get them on paper!.

Bloody embarrassing actually lol.

Not sure about the N355, but found with the later C50 that the ‘one shot’ zeroing was only average, but it is also possible to manually enter the up/down and left/right distances to zero the scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post
    Not sure about the N355, but found with the later C50 that the ‘one shot’ zeroing was only average, but it is also possible to manually enter the up/down and left/right distances to zero the scope.
    Need to be a paper to start with to do that.

Bore sight it first, like any other scope, or start at 25m and then go further.

Must have known where they were going to know the grouping was good

As an update Rivers to Ranges got it sorted at 100m.
    I think it was down to my not setting the parameters correctly. Providing I don't adjust or stuff up the 100m zeroing then it will be fine....at 100m.
    I can though enter for examples sake a 200m or 300m into the Pulsar's system and set that in, so when we head to the Coast in a week or so i'll set it up for those distances.

so...like any scope/sight system...why not????have it zeroed for 200 and know its a little bit high at 100..pretty much spot on at 50...tiny bit high at 150... tiny bit low at 250 and getting marginal at 300..without a bit of kentucky windage...depending on cartridge of course...
    75/15/10 black powder matters

My scope is just set at 200yds zero and thats good for a 240yd hit on a deer if need be.That gives you plenty of range at night.if its a new moon night or(black cloudy night with the wind right)deer wont see you 50-100yds away,they be to busy with heads down feeding.Sort your hunting zone out in the day light,range a couple of spots at yr maxium shooting range,focas scope at that range and dont touch it again.Sit and wait,dont have a bullet up the spout,you might forget about it 4hrs later.
    You should check their grouping befor you go,your shooting technique will be different n grouping could be slightly different.
    Heres my zero at 200yds thru a thermal clip on.
    Name:  20231207_063346.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  756.8 KB
    Hornady 308 165gr sst (2760ft/s) a deers night mare.
    Last edited by Trout; 13-12-2023 at 08:14 PM.