Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Philipo

Thread: Scope Bubble Query

Scope Bubble Query

Greetings all,

Just wondering on peoples thoughts regarding scope bubbles? I'm considering mounting one on long range rig for 300m-700m tops hunting.

I've never noticed or felt the need for one to date, however the majority of my shots are inside 100m. With the odd ones pushing out to 200-300m.

I'm well aware of the effect cant has on shots, but have only noticed it when canting my shots intentionally when sighting in or testing rifles. Opinions seem pretty mixed on them, though in my reading it seems to lean towards them tightening your groups up.

Then is there any real difference between an aliexpress special at $7-$10 a piece compared to the $80-$250 you pay for a brand name one in NZ?

Cheers in advance!

I reckon a lot of the time people miss and blame some imaginary wind when really the rifle is unknowingly on the piss. It's easy done in unfamiliar country especially when you have no known level surface like a flat horizon to use as a reference.

Very simplistic bit of tech. Gravity works just as well on the cheap ones as the expensive ones. No need to pay for over-engineering, brand name, or NZ's "just because" tax.

Inside 300m with a good eye (or ear??) for level then you can do without though.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    I've mounted em / have rings with em built in, but have never really used them. Think they're just another gimmick for most hunting situations

Plenty of practice & good shooting technique is far more beneficial, but if you feel it gives your LR shooting confidence then slap one on can't really hurt.
    Bagheera likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!