Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Suppressor Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by DPT View Post
    Yes and also take the anodizing off. Not a good idea.
    Don't put your AR bolts in the sonic cleaner too.

Welcome to Sako club.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by DPT View Post
    Yes and also take the anodizing off. Not a good idea.
    Would you care to elaborate on that please, as I have put a fair few anodised items in ultrasonic cleaners and not had any issues.
    To be fair most have not been shooting related but I don't think that would change anything.
    Hell, hornady make/market a ultrasonic cleaner that's sold as for putting a whole ar upper in-every ar upper I have seen has a whole lot of anodising.

Am I just missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I was referring to putting citric acid in the solution... not good for nitrated BCGs.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Hi There I also had a Hardy Gen IV that I enquired to Dan Hardy about cleaning as i was noticing a large buildup of powder residue causing "folding on the internals of the Supressor". Any further questions I'd go to them direct they are really good about getting back to you. "copper brush"works well just remember - one way in direction the bullet travels eh!"

HI Paul,

Not a lot required to maintain the suppressors.
    What I’d recommend is if you can notice folding in the bore of the suppressor, use your copper bore brush to scrub it away and that’s about it.
    If it’s extremely stubborn then you can send it down to us and we can run out reamer through it.
    This is generally not required.

Cheers,

Crossed rifles pocket logo (400x346).jpg

Dan Hardy
    Weapons Engineer / Director

- Hope that covers it for you mate - I ended up sending it to them to put the reamer through as mine seemed a little "uneven" Its come back and shot a million dollars... Best $35 bucks freight I've ever spent and i sent the whole rifle with it to ensure no alignment issues as they originally threaded it for me too...
    Lol...... You didn't believe that hogwash did you??? Carbon folding - WTF! No, what you are seeing there is what happens on cheap alloy suppressors once the anodising layer is cut through. The impacting gases then peen the the bare aluminium baffle face collaping the hole edge inward. I have a sako muzzle brake and even on steel you can see the same thing happening, but not as bad as what will be happening inside your suppressor. Thats the reason you couldnt scrub it out - the dags you were seeing is the aluminium baffle material itself. So they ran a drill through and took the top off the burrs, and charged you for it. It will simply happen again. Guy i know has one of those same cans that rattles like a castinette when you shake it, there is that much loose aluminium grit rattling around in there. Many of the decent european alloy suppressors have stainless baffle inserts to stop the issue that you are having there. If the baffle dags get really bad you may get bullet strike or graze which wont help accuracy. Sorry.
    Sasquatch likes this.