Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: vx6

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Z6 is about as close is you're going to get.

I take it your Prem is not floating your boat?
    It does that prem is fanbloodytastic

Im just looking for something really lightweight and small and sleek... the prems already got commitments lol id get another one and I may yet but kinda leaning towards lighter here

Yeah, the Prems are probably a bit bigger than I was expecting too.

The Mark 6 is only 12 inches long and has a 44mm obj so might fit your requirements. 34mm tube and turrets are pretty big though!

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    I dont know about the VX6. Turrets are supposed to be rubbish. In saying that I have not checked one in person. Sneeze maybe?

However, I have ordered a Mark 6 3-18. Its the first time in a long time I'm excited about owning a Leupold again
    Yes I did and yes it was poor for the money but it was only one scope, although aparently a well knowen NZ hunter/shooter had made the same comment.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Yes I did and yes it was poor for the money but it was only one scope, although aparently a well knowen NZ hunter/shooter had made the same comment.
    I remember you making that comment wee sneezey .. but sometme
    I remember you making that comment wee sneezey .. but sometimes fantastic turrets arent the be all... Such as Swaros BT turrets but u still shakily stand behind them...

What else the vx6 is could still very well stand up as a decent 500m capable scope

It will be usable no doubt but its a value thing. $1800 NZ retail for a vx6 2-12 vs $2000 nz retail for a z5 3.5-18.(with side focus) The only reason I would have gone Leupold was the dialing but it was a real disappointment. Yes could have got imported the vx6 for cheaper But I couldn't be bothered waiting. Yes theSwarovski BT isnt much beter but you know what your going to get and I do have a swaro bias, the way they handel the contrast/resolution/sweet spot appeals to my eye.
    I'm waiting for someone else to try the VX6 and give an opinion
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

I'm waiting for someone else to try the VX6 and give an opinion
    I did, wasn't impressed, nice glass, soggy clicks....probably the same scope you had a look at..... got another 4.5-14 x 40 CDS instead

metric VX-6 and Premier reticles links

VX-6 2-12 metric: VX-6 2-12x42mm CDS Illuminated Reticle (includes metric) · Leupold Not much detail there.

Premier reticles have been reviewed here. February 2012 issue With the grooves that will clog with mud and flippy lockers it sounds like a purpose built target scope, not for hunting.