Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Wanted. Sako in 6ppc or 6br

you know there is a REAL Tikka in .243 just come up for sale...its 6mm and nearly a sako
    7mmsaum likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Worked on one just the other day. First time I ever saw a 7x33. Nice wee rifle

I fist saw one of these (a repeater too) in the closed Wellington gunshop up the gorge many years ago. Man I lusted after that rifle for years. Now after thinking it through I've just intitated a 6mm ARC (which is for all intents and purposes the same thing but fast twist) with Jaco Goosen. Sounds like we are on a similar page, I'm planning to run wind resisty boolits for wallabies . . .
    7mmsaum likes this.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Scott showed me this rifle when he had it about a year ago. Beautiful condition.

A friend and myself ordered from Ron Dent (Reloaders owner back then) two single shot heavy barrel (varmint) Sako 6PPC rifles back in 1991. Because the NZ agents at that time, Allan G Mitchell had never heard of them; no surprises there. They had just been released on to the U.S. market at that time. We used those rifles for 4 position NZDA competitive shooting and broke a few accuracy records with them. They were a Sako Vixen action but single shot. Also available in the repeater, heavy barrel (exactly the same as the .222 Vixen heavy barrel) and a hunter profile barrel. Have never seen the hunter profile one in NZ. I know of three people who own the single shot heavy barrel model.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    you know there is a REAL Tikka in .243 just come up for sale...its 6mm and nearly a sako
    It wouldnt be as much fun to own and it wouldnt shoot as tight.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    A mate had a 22PPC repeater varmint. I shot some hares with it on a trip, man it was a dream rifle, it was point shoot & puff goes the hare. 52gr Sierras if I recall.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    It wouldnt be as much fun to own and it wouldnt shoot as tight.
    well not to split hairs but it sure as shit would splat hares out to about as far as you wanted to do so if it was anything like 99.9% of EBRGs Ive had anything to do with
    as for as much fun to own.....but it would be easier to find ammunition for in a tight spot LOL.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I have seen a single shot one that got converted to 17 Mach4
    7mmsaum likes this.

Caretaker
    There are not many of them around
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

A Sako 6PPC in REAL good nick just came accros my way. There is some in NZ. Luckily the owner did not want to sell yet....
    7mmsaum and Micky Duck like this.

nice repeater example just sold on TM for $2,150
    Mathias likes this.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

Well I have got two, that i am selling, However i would have Import them from Canada,
    sako A1 6ppc sporter, (floor plate) with an extra barrel, https://store.prophetriver.com/consi...nal-tikka-box/
    And a Sako Stainless, III Action, target repeater, (12lbs Bare) 1-12 twist Kreiger #17 barrel, Brown Sako laminated stock, .268 neck, sitting just about 800 rounds, on the barrel, boringly accurate, Spare PPC mag .3 normally for 5 rounds at 100, I have done groups into the .25, but i am a bit inconsistent, I post up sum phots if your interested,
    Also sitting on a couple Coopers single shots, that would fit the bill, 20 Vartarg, (Montana Varmint) (9,10 Z) and a 6x47 Remington classic sporter, most accurate sporter rifle i have ever owned, it shoot almost as good as my Target 6PPC, 1/2" 5 shots groups at 200m, with 75 Serria HP.
    Reason i am offering this info, as i am applying for Fire arm Import permits this week, for a couple other rifles, I am Normally back in NZ for six weeks in April/May, due to us relocating back to NZ, work, etc, I will be back more often for 10-12 days, at a time, likley starting March.
    Brass, ammo, dies is aviable for all above rifles.
    If intrested, message. I will hold off import permint for a few days.

Photes are a good thing,
    6ppc target Name:  IMG_1922.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  8.74 MB

Cooper Montana Varmint 20 Vartarg. Name:  IMG_1926.JPG
Views: 186
Size:  7.15 MB

Cooper Custom classic 6x47 Remington. Name:  IMG_1929.JPG
Views: 183
Size:  3.02 MB
    199p, Bill999, Mathias and 1 others like this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Yummy, what's that 6x47 worth???

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Yummy, what's that 6x47 worth???

I let it go for $2300 NZ
    Name:  IMG_1940.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  2.22 MB, found these two targets as indicative. shooting off front bag only.
    3 die set, 100 new Nosler .222 mag brass, 160 (2-4) fired Nosler brass, curranty sitting on 66 loaded rounds, 70 BTip, 55 Btip, 60 Serria Hpoint,
    Flat base 75gr giving by far the best accuracy,
    rifle is 7lbs with Z3 4x12x50,
    Rifle is 1-14 twist, so limited to a flat base bullet, in the 75-80gr range, rifle is 7lbs fitted with a Z3 3x12x50 BT, scope is not included in price, if someone wants a package deal, I want replacement value for scope, (1200 Cad) as I have a 5.6x50R Blaser K95 barrel coming.
    Mathias likes this.