Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Why does "Sako" run cheap arsed, hard arsed solid rubber butt pads ?

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

Why does "Sako" run cheap arsed, hard arsed solid rubber butt pads ?

He's another Philipo Saturday night "question / rant" ( was meant to be in the hills but shit gets in the way ) so just been playing with a couple of bang sticks one being my Carbon Sako 90 Peak, this is a 6k plus rifle with a $5 piece of hard rubbery shite on the butt pad, now while I love using my rifles az a walking stick & for bashing scrub outta the way like Thors hammer I need some love in the recoil department having a rooted collar bone.

I've had sub $1000 bumfars with better kit, but Sako why, we don't all live in the artic tundra you scandie cunts ?
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Hey blame the Italians, Beretta probly make them use the rubber ones!

they are aimed at the hardened cunts market
    Philipo, tikka, Tasbay and 8 others like this.
    may be sarcastic may be a bad joke

First thing I did to my Walnut 308 / 85, kept to the orginal lenght but cut & installed a limb saver. No one would me Boo for it, on this site, when I tried to sell it. Still got the original rubber red thing if someone wants it.

In the old days only "the best London guns" had red rubber buttplates, Sako have just copied the trend (and have done for years, along with other gunmakers to be fair) trying to pass off their machine made stuff like it was handmade high quality . . . .
    erniec likes this.

À lot of those limbsavers pads become sticky after 3 to 5 years anyway and need replacement.
    Probably not a thing that beretta wants to deal with. They have enough to do with their 3 brands of shotguns.
    tetawa likes this.

Only ever owned one Sako .
    Couldn’t see the payback for the “ Sako “ tariff.
    Tikka has gone the same way on a lesser scale.
    Recoil pads are a “ hair puller” on many Rifles these days so I agree with the sentiment, but it’s not just a Sako thing.
    caberslash likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    He's another Philipo Saturday night "question / rant" ( was meant to be in the hills but shit gets in the way ) so just been playing with a couple of bang sticks one being my Carbon Sako 90 Peak, this is a 6k plus rifle with a $5 piece of hard rubbery shite on the butt pad, now while I love using my rifles az a walking stick & for bashing scrub outta the way like Thors hammer I need some love in the recoil department having a rooted collar bone.

I've had sub $1000 bumfars with better kit, but Sako why, we don't all live in the artic tundra you scandie cunts ?
    My Finnwolf came with a hard plastic buttplate which got broken when it hit a rock, now replaced with a section of Cavallino retread - a little more give!
    But yeah, I never gave it a thought about why it came with a hard-as plastic buttplate from the factory.
    caberslash likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

@Philipo I'm just wondering about what brings on a rant
    Pissed off at cancelled trip ?
    Alcohol ?
    Sexual frustration ?
    Collar bone pain ?
    All or most of the above ?

In my happy place ( pre 1900 big bore ) a solid steel butt plate was state of the art.
    So a sore shoulder is a given

But in mitigation the stock designs are pretty good at dealing with recoil and they only used open sights so your cheek is snug down.
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    More for those who do not wish to acknowledge they have a recoil fetish...
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

I think a recoil pad is the most often changed part on a stock rifle,as its the easiest way to alter length if pull.
    Why waste money on a throw away item?
    Bagheera likes this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Because they want to remind you just because you enjoy the finer things in life you shouldn't turn into a pussy.
    Embrace the thump!

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Hey blame the Italians, Beretta probly make them use the rubber ones!

Yeah ya probably right, it's all about the $$$ nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    Blahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    My Finnwolf came with a hard plastic buttplate which got broken when it hit a rock, now replaced with a section of Cavallino retread - a little more give!
    But yeah, I never gave it a thought about why it came with a hard-as plastic buttplate from the factory.
    Yes my 2k Finnfire 17hmr came with a poxy plastic butt pad ( while recoil is not an issue with the mighty hmr ) it was a pain in the arse as if you lent the gun on any thing hard like a wooden floor it wanted to slip out in fall over

I replaced it with a Limb saver & the bonus was it lengthen the LOP which was great.

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    @Philipo I'm just wondering about what brings on a rant
    Pissed off at cancelled trip ?
    Alcohol ?
    Sexual frustration ?
    Collar bone pain ?
    All or most of the above ?
    Probably a bit of "all of the above" hahahaha, you also forgot "boredom" , but thank you for taking the time out to ask how I'm doing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Because they want to remind you just because you enjoy the finer things in life you shouldn't turn into a pussy.
    Embrace the thump!

Recoil never really used to be an issue for me, but doing a Superman off my bike & fucking my collar bone in multiple places ( I have an enormous hump where the butt pad goes into my shoulder ) has caused me alot of annoyance & completely ruined my shooting accuracy, however I was going through some reloading gear this arvo & have found a Limbsaver I had on a 300WM carbon heavy I sold, so now fitted it.

There is a trick when fitting a LS to a Sako carbon stock as the stock has a lip running around the outside ( their solid rubber buttpad has a recess in it so they connect better ( the LS is fully flat ) so I make a template & cut a insert out bed roll foam to make the final fit better.
    Steve123 likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Sorry to hear about your collar bone Phillipo.
    Once its healed strong perhaps you could ask if they can plane off some of the sticking out bits of bone and make it straighter. Could be covered by ACC.
    In the meantime, maybe its Limbsavers and sissy pads for you.

The pad on my 85 is pretty deep and soft, just a curved shape so would be difficult to change specially in the plastic stock.
    I use it a lot as a walking stick; too heavy to hold it up I have to rest it on the ground every second step.
    Butt its outlasted several pairs of boots and the rubber is really tough and grippy. They got that one right.

Then there is the Finnfire 2 which came with the hard plastic butt pad. I saw that as just a place holder while the new owner selects the real butt pad of their choice. If anyone wants an original Sako plastic butt plate $20 pp send me a PM.
    I do like a solid pad, specially for .22. I think it will give a consistent recoil. I like the Pachmayr decelerator with basket weave face and have them on a couple of rifles. Except the 85 which would be a mission to replace and it doesn't need it yet after 13 yr.

Name:  Finnfire and 85 Butt pads 640.jpeg
Views: 215
Size:  959.2 KB

Walnut (limbsaver) & Carbon Ken Henderson has a nice recoil pad to.

Name:  1708385196663.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  2.30 MB
    Finnwolf likes this.