Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    northdude

windage adjustabe rings

hi ive just mounted a scope on a rifle ive just picked up ive run into a problem ive never come across before. ive run out of windage adjustment so im wondering if you can get offset rings or maybe I can make some shims to go on one side of the claw on the rings to move them over a bit. id want both rings offset so the sight line doesn't criss cross horizontaly cheers

ebf
    couple of things to check before buying something.

are any of the holes in the bases enlarged ? maybe the base has been screwed down slightly out of place ?
    have you confirmed that you have the full amount of windage travel as per the specs for this particular scope model ?
    what happens when you slightly loosen the screws on the rings (the screws/bolts holding the ring on the base) ?
    are both rings mounted in the same orientation (bolt on same side) ?
    try mounting the rings turned 180 degrees (bolt coming in from other side)

if you still have a problem, burris signature zee rings can be used to adjust both elevation and/or windage issues, just rotate to "fat" part of the insert 90 degrees.

good luck, be interested to hear what the problem turn out to be.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Yes I'll second that, The Burris Signature rings are the best for correcting offset.

northdude
    ok thanks I was thinking about swapping the rings 180 they are all screwed down properly I suspect the problem is in the desighn of the actual rifle its a walther g22 when you look at the desighn of the thing its possible the rail isn't quite true to the barrel ive read bad reports about these rifles but I haven't experienced any of the probs others have reported having youd even have to be a real dip shit if you couldn't take it apart to clean it the scope is a rws 4x12-52 I think its a realy clear nice scope to use I even thought of turning the scope 90deg probably a rough way to do it

never understood how a scope/rifle can be so on the piss that you run out of adjustment?? seems to be quite common tho