Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tahr

Thread: Zeiss repairs

Zeiss repairs

Hey team.

How have people found sending Zeiss products back for repair? I have found some scratches on one objective lens of my conquest HD’s 😡. How were Zeiss to deal with? I have recently had my Leica rangefinder repaired(for free!!) and the customer service was simply outstanding. Just wondering if I try get them replaced on insurance, or repaired through Zeiss.

Name:  3EC36157-8071-4EB8-980E-10CF8D9D776E.jpeg
Views: 257
Size:  1.89 MB

I took my victory HT's in to a dealer (rivers to ranges rangiora) they dealt with everything for me and we're very helpful. They ended up going back to Zeiss in Germany and came back with replaced lenses all round and like brand new again. Was about a 5 or 6 week turn around from memory and cost me $560. I would assume conquest should be cheaper.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I had the retical in a Zeiss scope changed. The scope had to go back to the factory in Germany. The process was incredibly laborious and expensive. There is no postal agreement between Germany and NZ, so it had to go by a courier. Zeiss would accept only one courier which they nominated. The insurance was eye watering. The change of retical took about 4 months. I would never, ever try the same thing with Zeiss again. If a company in NZ wants to do all the leg work for you at a good price then maybe it is worth getting the binos fixed rather than claiming on your insurance. I claimed on my insurance for a Swarovski scope that met the ground at an unfortunate angle. The insurance company said that glass was not covered by my policy. It took 2 years to get them to see that glass in a scope was not glass in a house window frame.

A mate recently send a scope back where the cross hairs had gone fuzzy, it was an older model, they sent him a new v4 conquest, he was very happy

I wouldn’t bother with insurance, and the fair wear and tear battles associated with sports goods claims.

I’ve had a Swaro Z5 with the same issue and EL binos with a worn out ranging button.
    The only repair costs I incurred was postage via NZ Post to the NZ agent. They looked after everything.
    They said I paid for that service when I bought the scope and binos.

I can’t see why Zeiss should be any different.

B

Unless it's actually affecting their use I'd thrash the shit out of them for a few more years and then go for a warranty claim if you were that way inclined. I doubt you'll get much out of them to be honest it's not like something has failed it's just wear and tear. They might "service" them for you and possibly even replace the lense but I doubt it would be free or covered under any kind of warranty
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I sent an HD5 scope back to them that had fuzz on the reticle. I just packed it up and included a note and my details. Posted it straight to the address on their web-site. I received a brand spanker back in a couple of months.
    shift14 likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi