Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree22Likes
  • 17 Post By JoshC
  • 4 Post By JoshC
  • 1 Post By JoshC

Thread: Beginning of a new season, 2015

Beginning of a new season, 2015

Haven't been out too much of late. A handful of casual evening hunts have put a few meat animals on the BBQ since New Year. Nothing to get too excited about.

This weekend gone was a scorcher as you will all know. Some silly bugger thought it'd be a good idea to go trekking about in the tops for a couple of days looking for chamois and reds. Nearly died of heat exhaustion but it is always worth it.

Here's a bit of footage I've thrown together from the trip. We saw a few animals, a highlight for me was seeing deer out in the tops again, especially two young stags. I really hope they make it a few more years because they have the potential to be something special.

Cheers
    Josh.

I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Pretty cool Josh, my dog gets a bit whingy if we see game and don't shoot it!

Good brow tines on the stag near the start,few more years to fill out the tops.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Good brow tines on the stag near the start,few more years to fill out the tops.
    Yeah mate good potential eh. Hopefully he gets thru a couple more years, probably not though, the area gets a lot of pressure in the roar and all year round by waro. He was very unsure what we were, and stood around for 5-ish minutes.

The other stag was older and wiser and as soon as he saw us he hit the afterburners for the bush line. He was much better but still needed a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Pretty cool Josh, my dog gets a bit whingy if we see game and don't shoot it!
    Cheers Craig. Yeah Pip does a bit too, she mainly shakes with anticipation and gets nervy if we lift the rifle, more so if we shoot something and she's keen to get to it.

That stemmed from duck shooting and her anticipation of us shooting a duck and her retrieving it. I should have stamped the excitement out way back then, but I was so pumped about her keenness to work the pond.

For a hunting companion she's hard to beat though, and even if she p*sses me off you can't stay mad at them long! Haha. She indicated all the deer we saw were there well before we had spotted them, so was pleased about that.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

That's very cool @Josh. Magic with lots to see ! I want to start some videoing do you mind sharing what cam you use and what software you edit with. Cheers Happy.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    That's very cool @Josh. Magic with lots to see ! I want to start some videoing do you mind sharing what cam you use and what software you edit with. Cheers Happy.
    It is magic to see animals in the hills, that's for sure. I'd be content just videoing them. I'm using a JVC HD camcorder, unsure of model off the top of my head. And I have a Panasonic Lumix with a 24x optical zoom that videos in HD as well. The footage on my computer is much more clear than the youtube version too.
    Happy likes this.

Hi Josh great footage and good to see some reds on the tops... You have a great dog their good to see Pipa windining in the footage, is she a visla ?

I really enjoyed that. Cheers.

Fantastic video, nice to see animals in a hunting video doing their business as opposed to a few quick seconds then getting drilled straight away.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk660 View Post
    Hi Josh great footage and good to see some reds on the tops... You have a great dog their good to see Pipa windining in the footage, is she a visla ?
    Cheers. She's a GSP. Far from perfect but a great mate to have in the hills, and she gets me the odd deer...

Video link is not showing on my lappy josh. But then I am having a few issues with it right now
    Forgotmaboltagain+1