Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: The ultralite blackout

Green is too bright for me especially at night, red seems to be easier on the eyes.
    truman likes this.

Thats awesome. Great looking country, sure looks like deer heaven.

Could you have two red dots , one behind the other, one for supersonic and the other set up for subsonic? And still see the two dots?
    Or alternatively having quick detach mounts and swapping one for the other when required ?

Astigmatism sucks for red dot/illuminated optics.

When I view them it looks like a comet, usually a fairly solid dot with a "tail" streaking out high right. Depends on optic but can even appear as a sunburst.

Trick is to ignore the burst/tail and focus on the most "solid" part of the dot. It is off putting and hard to get used to but I don't even think about it anymore.

Nice setup btw.
    m101a1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuidog View Post
    What power do you set your scope to so the hashmarks line up best for the subs?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    As its only out to 100m max i just use the lowest setting on my scope which is x3 power. Scope is 3-12X42 SFP, big bright IR reticle with numerous BDC points.

Subs are really only used on goats, which in reality is a max of 75m and mostly inside 50m.

But in general i rarely push out past 6X when shooting at animals as i find that plenty within the effective ranges of a 300 black.
    truman likes this.

Another way to check the roundness of the dot is to turn it (sideways) while looking through it, if it’s an imperfect dot it will rotate, eg flare at top goes around, if the dot/sparkle keeps the shape oriented eg flare stays in same place while you turn it’s how your eye perceives the dot (not the dot itself)
    Fear is not real. Fear is simply the product of thoughts that you create.
    Danger is very real, but fear is choice.