Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: a wee story from scribe/The Devil Looks After His Own

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    You will have story's like that when you are three times older than you are now Phillip.
    Will I have a fit young (and dumb) pack carrier too?
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Will I have a fit young (and dumb) pack carrier too?
    If you groom one properly you will.
    mucko likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

That's awesome. To few people around like Jimmy these days.

Absolutely awesome story !.

Scribe
    Hi Folks, Thanks for all the kind remarks above .
    I have had an eighteen month holiday from the forum and NO it wasn't compulsory... I promised mucko if he put this story up I would come back and contribute if I can. My attention actually was caught by the Winter Story Competition and as I had just put "The Devil Looks After His Own" in the last Deer Cullers Magazine I thought it might suit in the Winter Story Competition.
    It didn't make it into the competition, but never mind. It was a damned good effort from the seven who did enter and congratulations to the winner.

Getting back on here was an effort, more like an attemted resurrection. My account must have still been working as I received notifications that someone was trying to use it. So the old Scribe is done for and his password is lost.

I am unfamiliar with the forum now and I hope that this 'Reply To Thread' will work. Some of the members that posted regularly a while back seemed to have faded into the ether. The likes of 'dougie' I miss them and I hope they havn't gone for good.

Scribe
    mucko and Toby like this.

Welcome back Graeme your knowledge and wisdom was truley missed.
    mucko likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Good on ya sturgy!
    Good to see ya back
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Scribe
    Hi Dundee, I think I will have to do a circumnavigation of the Ruahine's one day and you are one person I would like to catch up with.

I spend quite a lot of time in the NW Ruahine's now but years ago I hunted around the SW in the Pohongina and the Takapari Road Area.

I have spent less time in the NE though. A few trips through Big Hill into No Mans, Ruahine and Shutes and in the SE around Coppermine. It has been awhile now since I visited these places. Maybe it is time.

Do you remember Ken Strong an Ex Culler that used to be the Venison Buyer around Dannevirke . I think he was buying for Consolidated Traders then. I sold a lot of meat to him. He is in a rest home over there somewhere???.
    Dundee likes this.

Scribe
    Hi Andy, Keep those long range cannons of yours out of my hunting area. Its not really sporting you know. Might see you next time I am down

On ya Graeme. She's been a hard row keeping these young fellah's on the straight and narrow without you.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Yes Graeme, Ken is in Rahiri Home. He was my Dads best man. He was a culler ,buyer of venison,shoemaker, fur buyer keen fisherman all round top bloke.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Nice to see you back Graeme ,hope all is well in your world & you'll be around for a while to prop Rushy up .
    Gun control means using both hands

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    On ya Graeme. She's been a hard row keeping these young fellah's on the straight and narrow without you.
    Hi Rushey, You are back already... I would have thought after a five hour wait at Auckland Airport for your plane to turn up and a deep cavity search you would have come home by sea.

Was it a rough flight out of Auckland.

I don't know about keeping these young fellas on the straight and level Rushey. Past performance doesn't seem to indicate that either of us has much success along those lines.
    Scribe

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Sturgeon View Post
    Hi Rushey, You are back already... I would have thought after a five hour wait at Auckland Airport for your plane to turn up and a deep cavity search you would have come home by sea.

Was it a rough flight out of Auckland.

I don't know about keeping these young fellas on the straight and level Rushey. Past performance doesn't seem to indicate that either of us has much success along those lines.
    Scribe
    The flight was fine except for the ascent and descent through the storm front. I was knackered when I got to the hotel though and only got about four hours sleep before the body clock woke me up. You are right about the whipper snappers. There is not a lot of hope. Gibo is the ring leader.
    mucko likes this.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Nice to see you back Graeme ,hope all is well in your world & you'll be around for a while to prop Rushy up .
    Good to hear from you too Chris. Have you been catching any trevally over your side. Wife and I have been surfcasting for them on your side but well north of you.

Last three trips 28,22,16 last two fishing in the moonlight. We do it every year and its good from April until July. I don't know if they are still on. Must go and try again.

I have fished in many places but catching those big trevs is the best fun around that they don't want to lock you up for.