Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 223nut
  • 3 Post By ONYVA

Thread: Baby seat into 90s hilux

Baby seat into 90s hilux

So the time has come for the Mrs to start nagging me about car seats. The only dilemma now is the old hilux only has lap belts in the back and no d rings or other such fittings. SO as far as we're aware I can't put a car seat back there basically meaning we can't take it anywhere with the baby for the next 7 years making it pointless in keeping. So has anyone on here had this problem and found a solution. If I can't get it sorted then I'll just have to sell the old girl as she won't get used at all plus I need the money to pay for all the feul the Mrs pajero will go through. Cheers in advance

Roofracks....
    Tommy likes this.

you drill holes and make your own mounts with steel plates, most baby seats come with fitting kits, when my kids were small years ago no cars had the mounts inbuilt you had to do it yourself, done many cars for myself and customers.
    kokako, Dr. Watson and Tommy like this.

Roof racks got me slapped haha. Cheers onyva I thought that might be a possibility but the other half assured me we couldn't get a seat that'd mount in there. I'll have to take the truck to town and get the garage to do it as I don't have enough spare time atm.

You can buy those D ring things (tethers) separately and some car seats come with them. I fitted two in to the HQ for our kids seats by drilling a couple holes in the parcel shelf which was easy as everything is accessible. I can only guess that you could mount them to the rear of the Hilux but not 100% sure how easy it would be.

The lap belts are fine, get one with the self tensioning system and a tether strap, we have the Britax and Diono ones but there are a few.

It opens up and You just put the lap belt over it through the slot, when you close it everything tensions and you fit the tether stream to the rail of the front seat (for rear facing) or you may have to fit an anchor point behind the rear seat for forward facing.

Use them often in my old Pajero with the centre lap belts, they work sweet.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I had that same problem.
    I bought a Landcruiser money pit.
    Keep hilux and mount some tether points in it and just use it for kids when you have to ( still bugger all room for the capsule or booster seat)

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

https://youtu.be/ewRBukacxRc

Excuse the monotone drone!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

https://youtu.be/a8rn_Q3gyLg

This is the clicktight one we have, works awesomely, quick for switching to another car too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    you fit the tether stream to the rail of the front seat (for rear facing)
    I may be confused but why would you put the tether strap on the front seat, isn't the strap to stop the seat going forward in a crash?

Works the other way when rear facing, rests back to back with the feont seat and then tether strap stops it moving rearward.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

cheers fellas looks like the old hilux will be sticking around.
    dairy farming, hiluxs and now an ak.