Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree25Likes
  • 6 Post By gadgetman
  • 2 Post By 7mmsaum
  • 1 Post By longrange308
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Barry the hunter
  • 2 Post By gadgetman
  • 1 Post By Trout
  • 3 Post By uk_exile
  • 2 Post By Steelisreal
  • 4 Post By gadgetman
  • 2 Post By 6x47

Thread: New Old Boat

New Old Boat

Picked up a 'new' project today, just before it got smashed and thrown into a skip tomorrow.

Name:  DSC_2083a.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  173.6 KB

Name:  DSC_2084a.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  197.8 KB

Name:  DSC_2085a.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  151.0 KB

Name:  DSC_2086a.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  174.5 KB

5700 long by 450 wide and 18kg. Probably late 70's, early 80's.

Not sure what sins the duct take is hiding but will find out. The rudder system needs replacing along with a few other bits. Might split it and add a layer of glass inside to solve the what's under the tape issues.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Caretaker
    A short shaft 5hp Honda be handy on that
    nor-west and rugerman like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

lol I was just gonna ask where the motor goes
    As luck would have it I have a 5HP Mercury that would move it along nicely

You gona get to the other 45 “projects”
    Pengy likes this.

that looks FAST........very very fast.
    Trout likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Picked up a 'new' project today, just before it got smashed and thrown into a skip tomorrow.

Attachment 206486

Attachment 206487

Attachment 206488

Attachment 206489

5700 long by 450 wide and 18kg. Probably late 70's, early 80's.

Not sure what sins the duct take is hiding but will find out. The rudder system needs replacing along with a few other bits. Might split it and add a layer of glass inside to solve the what's under the tape issues.
    now if ya could get another one - join together - put motor on- and away - good little fishing rig
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    A short shaft 5hp Honda be handy on that
    There is one in the shed. But the intended motor is mid-mount. Otherwise I'd get bored.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    You gona get to the other 45 “projects”
    I need my arms working for those. This will help with therapy. Actually that could be a name for it.
    nor-west and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I need my arms working for those. This will help with therapy. Actually that could be a name for it.
    Id want 2 strapped together,one for each leg.lols
    gadgetman likes this.

At 450 wide it's going to be very tippy. Unless you've already got surfski experience or done some multisport racing I'd suggest you try a float test before bothering to fix it up.

From the little I know about these things from hanging with the multisport crowd, tippy is the word that springs to mind! It looks like it might(?) have some secondary stability designed in, but a fishing boat it is not. A very experienced paddler who was mentoring my partner at the time kept repeating the same piece of advice - paddle like fuck! Or the alternate mantra - NEVER stop paddling ��
    gadgetman and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_exile View Post
    At 450 wide it's going to be very tippy. Unless you've already got surfski experience or done some multisport racing I'd suggest you try a float test before bothering to fix it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelisreal View Post
    From the little I know about these things from hanging with the multisport crowd, tippy is the word that springs to mind! It looks like it might(?) have some secondary stability designed in, but a fishing boat it is not. A very experienced paddler who was mentoring my partner at the time kept repeating the same piece of advice - paddle like fuck! Or the alternate mantra - NEVER stop paddling ��
    I've had a fair bit of experience with kayaking and rowing over many years so not too daunted. Plan is something narrow and lightish to paddle flat tack to work the shoulders. I have an intermediate alternative in a pretty narrow kayak for the transition. Looking forward to just restoring the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelisreal View Post
    Just says PLF to any experienced multisporter and they'll know what you mean :-)
    I've done Coast to Coast a few times (in top 25% of paddle times) and I'm thinking that'll be advanced. Certainly tippier than my Rockstar and way more than any Eclipse, and way way more tippy than any sea kayak. I'm not seeing much secondary stability. It's got the flared front as you'd expect for a ocean ski but that's not going to help. Hence suggestion to try before putting any DIY effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_exile View Post
    Just says PLF to any experienced multisporter and they'll know what you mean :-)
    I've done Coast to Coast a few times (in top 25% of paddle times) and I'm thinking that'll be advanced. Certainly tippier than my Rockstar and way more than any Eclipse, and way way more tippy than any sea kayak. I'm not seeing much secondary stability. It's got the flared front as you'd expect for a ocean ski but that's not going to help. Hence suggestion to try before putting any DIY effort into it.
    I agree on the shape, very little secondary. It looks like an old elite ski. But it will require work before it gets wet. I wouldn't trust it as is.

Fit double-sided outrigger pontoons, each with outboard mounts then fit -two- 5hp outboards
    rugerman and pennyless like this.