Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Suzuki G16A loosing grunt

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
    I did the dodgy cheap thing, filled it with the best metal quickset putty stuff I could find, and filed it to suit.
    Worked well for about 6 weeks of hard thrashing, then started to slip back to what it was doing.

Thought about welding - but the crank itself is heat treated, welds might not stick properly?
    Did you use a new pulley or just the old one?

northdude
    are you sure that's what has made it loose power is it making a knocking noise when the engine is running if its just a little bit of play crank the bolt up it should get you by ask around the engine reconditioners theres one in auk that can do them in place

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    are you sure that's what has made it loose power is it making a knocking noise when the engine is running if its just a little bit of play crank the bolt up it should get you by ask around the engine reconditioners theres one in auk that can do them in place
    Yea there is a slight knock, I took it to the mechanic the other day he says its not the worst hes seen and is very confident he can get a reliable repair with a new pully and some hard out filler shit.

northdude
    ok I cant see how the pulley being loose would make it loose power without seeing the car id say it sounds more like a vacume leak or possibly the part in the air flow meter that moves could be sticking

ok I cant see how the pulley being loose would make it loose power without seeing the car id say it sounds more like a vacume leak or possibly the part in the air flow meter that moves could be sticking
    The crank pulley also has the timing belt running on it, behind the fan belt - has the effect of retarding the timing when you put your foot down

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by big_foot View Post
    Im more going down the knead it/locktight a new pulley on, just been doing some research any Idea how long it would take to wop it all off, put it back together and reset the timing?
    Use devcon 10110 bedding compound

It will never ever ever ever come loose again
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

northdude
    Isn't the crank pully and cam belt drive pully 2 separate pieces

Caretaker
    Isn't the crank pully and cam belt drive pully 2 separate pieces
    Yes, but both driven off the same key in many instances
    Gerbs likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

DAF

Suzuki G16A loosing grunt

I've had a similar problem with the crank pulley, ended up using a speedy sleeve, setting it place and drilling and trapping 2 holes and using grub screws to lock it into the correct position with a heap of lock tight

Got us out of trouble
    Gerbs likes this.
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

Was it just the bolt backing off and causing the pulley to wear the key - for those of you that had the issue?
    I'm keen to stop this happening on my Vitara, especially if there is some preventative medicine!!!!

cheers
    @

northdude
    Just make sure the crank bolt is tight a couple of mms of play won't make that much difference

Sweet - will add that to the list of things to check next time I get a spare minute in the garage!

@

northdude
    A little bit if locktite doesn't hurt either use the stuff you can undo again

I have done some "spray welding" on cranks (many years ago) as a repair, worked fine, if it was the big end, not so much.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"