Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ruahine Branch Deer Stalker's Gong Shoot May 26th 2013

Banned

Ruahine Branch Deer Stalker's Gong Shoot May 26th 2013

There are 4 spots maybe 5 left for this 20 man shoot first in first served.To be held just south west of Dannnevirke
    Gillice will start his Safety breifing at 0930hrs if you miss it you dont shoot.
    6 stages 40 rounds
    this is a Biathalon style shoot you also shoot it in the gear you hunt with
    The distance's are generally between 50yds to 400yds
    cals are from 22-250 up to 30 06 and anything in between No magnums
    BBQ and refreshments after the shoot
    you keep yourself hydrated and fed during the shoot!.
    $20 entry fee ,rifle must be already zeroed.
    PM me if you want to see how good you think you are
    Spectators very welcome............for running targets........nah just kidding about the running bit.
    Hunt4life likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    cals are from 22-250 up to 30 06 and anything in between No magnums
    .223? It'll make the long targets harder to score but that is what spotting scopes are for.

Banned
    Im thinking the defending champ is under pressure so he might be using it instead of his 308!.
    4 spots left.

Banned
    Also no cam paint on the face allowed for this gong shoot as not to piss the locals off

Banned
    3 spots left.

ebf
    Neckshot, pls pm me the address and your mobile. The missus and I will be heading back from Tongariro that Sun, might pop in to spectate and say hello if timing works out.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Got pretty much everything i need for this shoot sorted. Targets are there, spare target parts, course markers, target and position numbers, got a chair, tent shelter for me to sit in, laptop sorted, additional power source, scoring system and spreadsheet sorted. This will be the first shoot i have ever run where i haven't competed myself. I think i am going to be kept pretty busy on the day with the running of the shoot but hopefully i will get the chance to take some photos as well.

Weather is not looking too bad at this stage either... maybe the odd shower. Am looking forward to it. Should be a good day!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Got pretty much everything i need for this shoot sorted. Targets are there, spare target parts, course markers, target and position numbers, got a chair, tent shelter for me to sit in, laptop sorted, additional power source, scoring system and spreadsheet sorted. This will be the first shoot i have ever run where i haven't competed myself. I think i am going to be kept pretty busy on the day with the running of the shoot but hopefully i will get the chance to take some photos as well.

Weather is not looking too bad at this stage either... maybe the odd shower. Am looking forward to it. Should be a good day!
    You will trust me, ive now got 6 marshals not ncluding myself so ill be shooting and fireforming at the same timeany other gear like reals and standards are all here for us to use shooter numbers are hovering around 15 at this stage.

The rifle I intend to use only has a 3 shot mag. Is that a big disadvantage? Otherwise I will bring a 5 shot mag something else.
    Is a bipod allowed, or useful?
    I haven't a clue what this is all about,but I'm looking forward to it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    The rifle I intend to use only has a 3 shot mag. Is that a big disadvantage? Otherwise I will bring a 5 shot mag something else.
    Is a bipod allowed, or useful?
    I haven't a clue what this is all about,but I'm looking forward to it.
    the more capacity the better for this style of shoot and if you shoot with a bi pod then bring it if you have it in your day bag and put it on for th long shots bring it.The idea is simulated feild shoot/hunt shoot if you get the drift?

Tahr, bring what you are used to. A 3 shot magazine will not be a big disadvantage. A 5 shot magazine would be better but honestly its a biathlon... bring your 3 shot and run a little faster? I don't think the time taken actually shooting will be the decider. I think hits on targets will be the deciding factor on the day. You will be fine. If you are not intending to carry a day pack definately bring your bipod.

Neckshot that is awesome news!!!! Really pleased you guys have managed to get a few people together to help run it on the day. That will make the whole shoot run a lot smoother. I'm guessing that brings us back to the original plan then. Two short courses and everyone goes through both courses twice. Let me know if you want some prizes, i have a voucher for H&F here i can spend to pick something up.

Guys, if you are still deciding on whether or not to attend this shoot i highly encourage you to come along. Doesn't matter how fit you are, come along, bring your sense of humour and have some fun!

This sounds like fun.I can't make it,I'm not sighted in but please post pics.
    MARK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Tahr, bring what you are used to. A 3 shot magazine will not be a big disadvantage. A 5 shot magazine would be better but honestly its a biathlon... bring your 3 shot and run a little faster? I don't think the time taken actually shooting will be the decider. I think hits on targets will be the deciding factor on the day. You will be fine. If you are not intending to carry a day pack definately bring your bipod.

Neckshot that is awesome news!!!! Really pleased you guys have managed to get a few people together to help run it on the day. That will make the whole shoot run a lot smoother. I'm guessing that brings us back to the original plan then. Two short courses and everyone goes through both courses twice. Let me know if you want some prizes, i have a voucher for H&F here i can spend to pick something up.

Guys, if you are still deciding on whether or not to attend this shoot i highly encourage you to come along. Doesn't matter how fit you are, come along, bring your sense of humour and have some fun!
    Ive got first and second prize coverd thanks to H n F and farmlands and of course BBq and refreahments will be supplied from Ruahine deer stalkers at the end.Like Gille said this shoot is for everybody and anybody.

Banned
    I still have some spots to fill ,could even arrange accomadation for one or two!.............cant garentee the sanity of the hosts but were all shooters here!

Banned
    bump!.