Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ANTSMAN
  • 1 Post By MattyP

Thread: Eberlestock users?

Eberlestock users?

hey all, ive had a Just One model of this pack, didnt feel right for me , wobbly, lop sided with scabbard down one side... well designed, well made and all of that, just didn't feel right.

who uses the eberlestock 40 ltr versions with scabbard? comments?

R93
    I have had one for years. Don't know what model but it is around 40l. It lacks some of the features I see on later packs of the same size but I like it.
    I wobble everywhere so maybe I don't notice the pack wobbling😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

i use a gunslinger 2, use it for everything, having two hands free when walking,climbing,decending is the biggest plus for me

I have a 35l one, apart from being slightly heavy its a great pack and most importantly for me is comfortable with a load in it.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I have a 35l one, apart from being slightly heavy its a great pack and most importantly for me is comfortable with a load in it.
    Yep trying to carry all those flounders at once can be trying!!
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

yeh im sorta tossing up whether to get something with a scabbard/strapon arrangement-(dont get excited), or without as i tend to use rifle as a walking stick A LOT. if i did go with the attach the shooter to rifle thingee, id prolly take a walkin pole,
    Dawg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTSMAN View Post
    yeh im sorta tossing up whether to get something with a scabbard/strapon arrangement-(dont get excited), or without as i tend to use rifle as a walking stick A LOT. if i did go with the attach the shooter to rifle thingee, id prolly take a walkin pole,
    Nice to have the option of stowing the rifle. Royal pain in the arse in any sort of bush though, even with a short barrel, always get snagged on overhead stuff.
    I have a ripoff 55+20 eberlastock style bag by alp outdoorz, seems bulletproof so far, is well featured(rifle holder,rain cover expandable meat shelf, spotting scope pocket ect ect) and very comfortable. Think I got it for like $140 landed. Bit heavy though.

There are a few pretty lighweight colapsable walking pole options. Probably do a much better job than your rifle .

Come in handy for pitching a fly/biv too

I have a Dragonfly J107 with a bunch of accessories and the big expansion bag. I think it's 130 litres with the Spike Duffel and 80 without it when it's fully expanded. I either don't take the duffel or I have it rolled up really small (about fist sized) and stashed.

Only downside to me is the weight - I think the bag alone is about 3kg's. But it is tough as hell and you'd compromise on weight or features by making it any lighter.

The design is great really. I can put 2-3 days worth of stuff in it and barely even use the main pouch. Nearly everything fits in the long round external pouches (perfectly designed for tents, sleeping mats, etc). I just put my sleeping bag and food in the main pouch and compression strap the fuck out of it - probably use 20% of available room.

You do need to be pretty strategic with how you pack in terms of the weight distribution when using the scabbard, like you mentioned. You can play around with that and suss it though. I now pack the round external pouch on the opposite side of the scabbard a bit heavier. Not by much, but it helps to even the weight out since your rifle is slightly on the other side. Can't say the weight difference has ever been a problem, but may as well try and even it out.

The idea is you go in with a small(ish) pack, everything compression strapped down. Set up camp then you've got a very small pack and off you go. Kill something, expand the pack right out or even add the expansion duffel if needed. Throw everything in and you're golden.

Has loads of handy pouches, the zips are sturdy as hell and can be used to twist together to keep them closed how you want. Have had it out on a few trips and carried 40-50kg's in it with no worries at all.
    Wanderer likes this.

yeh man, i had a J34 just one pack, was everything you said, just sat weird because of the scabbardslot being 50mm and to one side. to me felt weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    I have a Dragonfly J107 with a bunch of accessories and the big expansion bag. I think it's 130 litres with the Spike Duffel and 80 without it when it's fully expanded. I either don't take the duffel or I have it rolled up really small (about fist sized) and stashed.

Only downside to me is the weight - I think the bag alone is about 3kg's. But it is tough as hell and you'd compromise on weight or features by making it any lighter.

The design is great really. I can put 2-3 days worth of stuff in it and barely even use the main pouch. Nearly everything fits in the long round external pouches (perfectly designed for tents, sleeping mats, etc). I just put my sleeping bag and food in the main pouch and compression strap the fuck out of it - probably use 20% of available room.

You do need to be pretty strategic with how you pack in terms of the weight distribution when using the scabbard, like you mentioned. You can play around with that and suss it though. I now pack the round external pouch on the opposite side of the scabbard a bit heavier. Not by much, but it helps to even the weight out since your rifle is slightly on the other side. Can't say the weight difference has ever been a problem, but may as well try and even it out.

The idea is you go in with a small(ish) pack, everything compression strapped down. Set up camp then you've got a very small pack and off you go. Kill something, expand the pack right out or even add the expansion duffel if needed. Throw everything in and you're golden.

Has loads of handy pouches, the zips are sturdy as hell and can be used to twist together to keep them closed how you want. Have had it out on a few trips and carried 40-50kg's in it with no worries at all.
    can you elaborate o this twisting thing, I have the same pack, heavy but as you said above ticks most of my boxes. cheers

The zips have those loops in the end of them. I don't know if it's intended or not, but what I use them for is to thread one zip through the other a couple of times. It will be hard to explain but here goes:

I never have the pack fully expanded unless it's got a kill in it. If you have the main pouch zipped up you should see what I mean. I use the center zip for the main expansion pack and loop it through one of the zips for the round external pouches which you can fold over the center of the pack. When they're both zipped closed it holds the zip up on the main expansion pack, so it doesn't slip down over time as it likes to do.

Like I said....hard to explain. I'll take some photos when i'm home next if you don't know what I mean. It's nothing major, it just helps keep that main zip where you want it.