Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Grisport Kaweka Boot - anyone tried them??

Grisport Kaweka Boot - anyone tried them??

Farmlands has these for $300.

Has anyone tried a pair? Their boots are usually a bit soft and flexi around the ankle and in the sole for me. Are these?

I haven't seen a pair yet

Cheers
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Caretaker
    They loosen up really fast, and when they do they lack support and flop around on your feet

Cheap work boot for apprentices
    Tahr, GSP HUNTER, BRADS and 1 others like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I've tried the brand and found them problematic. Seemed to spend eed be too much time on my arse as they slipped out from under me. Have to blame the user as I tend to walk on my heels down hill due to knee issues
    Tahr and 308 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
    I've tried the brand and found them problematic. Seemed to spend eed be too much time on my arse as they slipped out from under me. Have to blame the user as I tend to walk on my heels down hill due to knee issues
    I slip over on mine a lot too - good to know I'm not alone

Yeah it's a $300 boot and worth mebbe $250? - also I found them a bit slow to dry but overall ok
    Tahr likes this.

There ok but not great. They have a weird fit where there narrow at the front but your heel can slip around. Got them for cruising through pines. Got leather as synthetic boots wouldn't last with all the slash, black berry and creepers.
    Not sure that I'd get another pair when these go.
    Tahr likes this.

Was looking at these too but didn't seem right when I tried them on. I do have feet like boards which doesn't help.
    My experience is based on an extensive hike round the store, so take with a grain of salt.
    But I wasn't blown away by them vs. other boots in the price bracket.
    Have got a lot of miles out of some second hand Grisports in the past and liked them so maybe just this model.
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Farmlands has these for $300.

Has anyone tried a pair? Their boots are usually a bit soft and flexi around the ankle and in the sole for me. Are these?

I haven't seen a pair yet

Cheers
    Worn these exclusively for the last 10 or so years? On my third pair and every one has been brilliant. No wear in period, soles are super comfortable. My first set I put massive km's into them and the soles barely wore out. Leather was still largely in tact, though my boot care wasn't so flash back then....I pretty much thrashed them with next to no conditioning or waterproofing treatment.

I don't do anywhere near the mileage I used too, but the quality and comfort is still the same in my opinion.
    Tahr and Huk like this.

Oh and still have my second pair and they're largely fine and fit for use still. I'm just managing an injury and though a new pair is only a percentage of an improvement, I opted to buy a brand new pair to assist in rehab.
    Tahr likes this.

Have used them for quite a few years cause they were cheap and have found that they are cheap for a reason... Rarely get to 9 months with them before thread seams wear through, boot changes shape early on in its life and so on.
    Tahr and BRADS like this.

I brought a shit pair and got wet feet from day one. Taking to rep later on he said they shouldn't leak and should have brought them back.
    As a work boot on the farm cant imagine i would get 12 months from them.
    They are just a cheap boot (not that cheap)
    My work buys my boots so i probably will buy another pair of Grisports there are not a lot off options out there in the farming stores
    Tahr likes this.

I’ve had about 3 pairs of kawekas and 3 pairs of hunters, they’re comfy as but are a bit soft.
    I was buying them for $220-$300 but I doubt you can get them for that now.
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushline View Post
    I’ve had about 3 pairs of kawekas and 3 pairs of hunters, they’re comfy as but are a bit soft.
    I was buying them for $220-$300 but I doubt you can get them for that now.
    $300 at Farmlands at present.

The majority of the feed back confirms what I thought. A bit soft and short on support. Thanks every one.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    They loosen up really fast, and when they do they lack support and flop around on your feet
    Cheap work boot for apprentices
    Crack-up. Reminds me of an add in the Pahiatua Bush Telegraph 45 odd years ago "Cheap sacks of potatoes available. Suitable for shearers and pigs".
    Trout, shift14, Shamus_ and 1 others like this.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Have used them for quite a few years cause they were cheap and have found that they are cheap for a reason... Rarely get to 9 months with them before thread seams wear through, boot changes shape early on in its life and so on.
    This
    Wouldn't waste money on them these days

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Tahr likes this.

I bought a used pair off this forum, very happy with them so my dad also bought a pair... They're my first pair of boots so I've got nothing to compare them to. They're comfy to walk in, I did 17kms in a day in the SI and my feet weren't sore at the end
    Tahr likes this.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy decoys