Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Leupold enter the Thermal market

Seriously considering getting him to bring me a Pulsar at that price, as with a 2 grand saving on nz retail, I don't give a toss how many times I have to send it back under warranty
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

thermal has become a lot cheaper, there are even phone attachments

Buy FLIR ONE | FLIR Systems

I'm ordering one today

Cheers Antz

Quote Originally Posted by Antz View Post
    I'm ordering one today

Cheers Antz
    Which? The Lupy? Let us know how it goes
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    ???? That's 3x the price of the Leupold unit and is proven to be about the best bang for buck at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Seriously considering getting him to bring me a Pulsar at that price, as with a 2 grand saving on nz retail, I don't give a toss how many times I have to send it back under warranty
    A mate is selling one if you are interested, has extendable rechargeable battery pack and a couple of other extras $3250
    veitnamcam likes this.

Yukon keeps telling people the thermals arent going to come down in price , if anything get dearer. With new models coming out like leupold etc the only way i see it is they going to drop in price like a stone in the next year or so as more come into the market. Im sure as not many options here at the moment we being ripped off.
    tetawa and BobGibson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Antz View Post
    I'm ordering one today

Cheers Antz
    Let us know what's it's like and I will have to find some more room in my pack for another electrical device and another set of battery's to carry with the others.
    7mmsaum and deer243 like this.

the reason the price has stayed the same with the new Pulsar models is because the performance and features have been improved. The XQ19 now has a performance closer to the older XD38s, which means that the price has come down if performance is the criteria by which a TI is judged. We have learnt that performance is what our market demands, that is why we don't stock the low performance Pulsars with the 'A' suffix that are avalable in the US. You do get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Yukon keeps telling people the thermals arent going to come down in price , if anything get dearer. With new models coming out like leupold etc the only way i see it is they going to drop in price like a stone in the next year or so as more come into the market. Im sure as not many options here at the moment we being ripped off.
    Just another Big screen TV shitfight in 3 years time bring it down to the budget conscious buyer - as long is there isn't a single strangle point like "patent royalty" or one manufacturer of a key part. just like the Samsung apple thing...

Grabbing popcorn and sitting back for the race to the bottom... NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    the reason the price has stayed the same with the new Pulsar models is because the performance and features have been improved. The XQ19 now has a performance closer to the older XD38s, which means that the price has come down if performance is the criteria by which a TI is judged. We have learnt that performance is what our market demands, that is why we don't stock the low performance Pulsars with the 'A' suffix that are avalable in the US. You do get what you pay for.
    That maybe be true, you do get what you pay for most of the time, not to say something abit cheaper wont do what you want it to do thou. Its all very good saying performance is what the market demands (at a darn good cost), but the fact is we havent had the option to buy the low performance Pulsars or something simlar.
    When you only have a limited option on what you can buy of cause you can say that. Im sure with the new players coming into the market or sourcing them somewhere cheaper its only a matter of time that the prices are going to drop like a stone or cheaper models become avaiable that some of them will do just what you want at a cost nothing like we getting rip of currantly.
    I say in a year or two everyman and his dog will be able to afford one without paying anywhere near 6000 etc and they do the job.
    So i suggest any buyers hold off and save your dollars. Heard a new one from the UK is soon to be released at a good price that will be pretty darn good for the money
    tetawa and Steve123 like this.

I ordered a leupold LTO today, can't wait to try it and at 1150 hopefully a good entry into thermal imaging.

I would like to market a lower priced option, as I agree, not everyone needs the high performance offered by the new XQ models. The prices always drop when the units are in full production, or when a new model is about to be released, for instance, the Xd19s was for sale at $3199. We had quite a few in stock, but found them very hard to sell because everyone wanted the new model. I'm just SO lucky that I didn't buy a shitload of XD's, thinking that I had was going to fill a lucrative low price niche.

You can't get a much more protected market than the thermal imaging market... restricted entry and export, minimal number of producers. The technology is no longer new, particularly at the levels that are available in the civilian market. There is an inevitability about readjustment, provided accessibilty improves.

To suggest otherwise is not only protectionist and self serving, but either naive or dishonest. Watch this space...
    tetawa and deer243 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by von tempsky fan View Post
    I ordered a leupold LTO today, can't wait to try it and at 1150 hopefully a good entry into thermal imaging.
    +1