Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By Dougie
  • 1 Post By 6MMBR

Thread: Stoney creek alpine jacket

Stoney creek alpine jacket

Any one had issues with the seams seals falling off inside

My jacket is 2 years old , was in the wardrobe for over a year
    Flew back to nz for a hunting trip as I don't need it in oz.
    Got it out to find it's totally useless
    Perfect start to a hunting trip.

Sent it to Stoney creek
    Was told out of warenty
    (Sorry)

Quite shocked. Given it had been used maybe 4-5 times.
    Won't be buying any of there gear any time soon
    Last edited by 6MMBR; 10-11-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    "Chokes make differnces in inches and targets are missed by feet."

Dumb ass companies spend a fortune on advertising and then won't spend another $100.00 to satisfy a customer, unless they have a major problem with these jackets
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Sounds like pretty hopeless service to me. Whether they call it under warranty or not, I would think you could probably have a go at them under consumer guarantees act if you wanted to... I'm not a lawyer though, someone else may have more relevant knowledge.

"7 Meaning of acceptable quality

(1) For the purposes of section 6, goods are of acceptable quality if they are as—

(a) fit for all the purposes for which goods of the type in question are commonly supplied; and
    (b) acceptable in appearance and finish; and
    (c) free from minor defects; and
    (d) safe; and
    (e) durable,—"

"8 Guarantees as to fitness for particular purpose

(1) Subject to section 41, the following guarantees apply where goods are supplied to a consumer:

(a) that the goods are reasonably fit for any particular purpose that the consumer makes known, expressly or by implication, to the supplier as the purpose for which the goods are being acquired by the consumer; and
    (b) that the goods are reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which the supplier represents that they are or will be fit."

I have found "old" Stoney Creek = real good

"new Stoney Creek" = not so real good. just my opinion mind
    DanS likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

That would piss ya off... my jacket has all the seems falling off too but it has been abused reguarlly for at least 3 years and it is a cheapo ridgeline.

Now I know what I wont be replacing it with cheers.
    mikee likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Just a note on seam sealing that I have recently learned - washing your jacket in sports wash is really important to the life of the equipment. Sweat and dirt and all that provides a breeding ground for bacteria which long story short kills the bond of the seam sealing to the fabric. Sports wash is strong enough to clean the fabric but gentle enough to not damage any of the design that's gone into scent control, breathability and waterproofing of your jacket.

Sports wash also has no brighteners so that helps reduce the amount of UV in the garment - deer can see UV so thanks to Persil, you might just be a walking lighthouse.

I have always previously just washed my hunting gear in water only, but now have purchased some wash and my gear goes in a load by itself.
    Wanderer likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I use the lux washing powder generally its just soap flaxes
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Just a note on seam sealing that I have recently learned - washing your jacket in sports wash is really important to the life of the equipment. Sweat and dirt and all that provides a breeding ground for bacteria which long story short kills the bond of the seam sealing to the fabric. Sports wash is strong enough to clean the fabric but gentle enough to not damage any of the design that's gone into scent control, breathability and waterproofing of your jacket.

Sports wash also has no brighteners so that helps reduce the amount of UV in the garment - deer can see UV so thanks to Persil, you might just be a walking lighthouse.

I have always previously just washed my hunting gear in water only, but now have purchased some wash and my gear goes in a load by itself.
    what she said, my feeling is if it were only used the 4-5 times you say, washed with sport wash and then put it away it would be like new, If it were not washed then the bacteria from your sweat etc has had a party at your expense. I have had my swazi for nearly 5 years and no signs of seam seal coming off, and i regularly wash in sport wash

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

It was quite gutting really, I'm geussing like everywhere else around the world when a company starts off the make a good product. As time goes by they get bigger and get China to make there gear. Then it goes pair shape.

It's funny I read a bloke go one about ridge line , In Australia there gear is in sane and the selection is amassing. 90% of there stuff is exported.

The nz market is nothing to them.
    I geuss proof is in the product and Stoney creek only have a nz market.
    All said and done fuck them,
    I'm off to buy a Swazi.
    Tommy likes this.
    "Chokes make differnces in inches and targets are missed by feet."

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    I use the lux washing powder generally its just soap flaxes
    Same here, I put a bit with some hot water to mix it up then add to a cold wash for my hunting gear
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.