Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ultra small down sleeping bag

Ultra small down sleeping bag

Hi all, looking for a light weight down sleeping bag for those summer trips will sacrifice warm for packability. Haven’t seen to many that I’m after in nz, seen small down ones off Ali express but not sure what ones to go with. Any suggestions of what you guys use much appreciated.

Cheers
    Cam

One Planet Nitrous might be worth looking at.
    Abovedabush and Camking like this.

Cheers will have a look online

grab a quilt for summer man, i run a enlightened equipment its awesome keen in mind there rating are a little out of wack
    Camking likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Sea-to-summit Spark series might meet your needs. Further Faster were advertising some sharp run-out deals on them recently.
    TianBotha, Gkp, tibo and 1 others like this.

Macpac put out a series of bags with the down on the top and a sleeve underneath. The sleeping mat went into the sleeve. The idea of the design was to have the down where it would do the most good and not underneath where it would be compressed and not trap insulating still air. I don't think they sell them anymore but I have seen them available on the second hand market. I have used one for years. Tiny weight/size. Not the best for mid winter with ice and snow (I've tried that) but excellent for 3 seasons.
    Micky Duck and Camking like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert View Post
    Macpac put out a series of bags with the down on the top and a sleeve underneath. The sleeping mat went into the sleeve. The idea of the design was to have the down where it would do the most good and not underneath where it would be compressed and not trap insulating still air. I don't think they sell them anymore but I have seen them available on the second hand market. I have used one for years. Tiny weight/size. Not the best for mid winter with ice and snow (I've tried that) but excellent for 3 seasons.
    I also have one of these - and with a good mat they're excellent for the slightly warmer seasons, and good thermals etc doable for slightly colder -but not too cold unless you're really layering them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert 71 View Post
    One Planet Nitrous might be worth looking at.
    Yeah one planet Nitrous -3 is what i bought just recently and very happy with it ,570 grams , packs down nice and small. Plenty warm enough for summer use, $500 from Dwights atm. Rab make some good lightweight bags but are twice the price !!

Quote Originally Posted by JoelA View Post
    I also have one of these - and with a good mat they're excellent for the slightly warmer seasons, and good thermals etc doable for slightly colder -but not too cold unless you're really layering them up.
    Macpac Neve, now discontinued but good 3 season setup. Pretty warm for summer and mine is not light weight by modern stds. Sort of mid range I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enlightened equipment quilt, warm, lite and packs down small

Name:  83668E3E-C044-4BDA-9321-16B1205196F3.jpeg
Views: 566
Size:  79.2 KB
    199p, Micky Duck, RV1 and 2 others like this.

Gkp
    I have a couple of sea to summits and they have been great. They do some light models
    Camking likes this.

Fark paying $500 for a summer bag
    Micky Duck, RV1 and Camking like this.

I have a Western Mountaineering Astralite and rate it highly

Just get a Snugpak jungle bag, pretty cheap and bomb proof. Super small too. Only thing is it’s synthetic (no biggie though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wekaman, RV1 and TimC like this.

I have a mountain warehouse down sleeping bag, packs down nice and small has good ratings claiming to be a 4 season but I personally would only rate it as a 3 season bag, most importantly it was a lot cheaper than many other big brand 3season bags. I really rate it for the sale price of $100 or something I paid and have definitely used it in 3 seasons but just don’t feel like it is the 4 season bag it claims to be. (About same size as the pic of a bag bush bashed put up)
    Camking likes this.