Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Vac Packers - Whats good - Whats affordable - Whats best avoiding

Vac Packers - Whats good - Whats affordable - Whats best avoiding

As in the title. All help appreciated, the outlaws will be buying in with us and I hope we can get a good one for a couple o hundy...

Well, for what its worth, I have one of the Warehouse specials, and it is doing just fine after 2 years. $99 on special, with two rolls of bags
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Push bag of whatever product under water without water entering opening...vacuum packed...cheep as chips vacuum packer.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Push bag of whatever product under water without water entering opening...vacuum packed...cheep as chips vacuum packer.
    Why don't I just beat the air out with a rock? Just cut up 18kg of gd steak to divide up to her tribe - less postage n handling. Also gd when out for a few days and every other knob has their dehy ..... (poos) and you put some choice bacon-sausage-aged steak-real meat on the cooker....
    Toby likes this.

Sorry to sound like an ass god knows what a grumpy cnt I will be @ 60... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmynostars View Post
    Why don't I just beat the air out with a rock? Just cut up 18kg of gd steak to divide up to her tribe - less postage n handling. Also gd when out for a few days and every other knob has their dehy ..... (poos) and you put some choice bacon-sausage-aged steak-real meat on the cooker....
    Beating it with a rock will not expel the air, putting underwater will. If you make up a venturi system off your water tap it will also suck the air out of bag.
    Jimmynostars likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Russell hobs from briscoes is ok too so far , don't buy unless on special 50% 40% off type deal , not worth full retail $225
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I got a "innovations" one as a gift, does the job pretty well. I put up a review here somewhere.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I got a "innovations" one as a gift, does the job pretty well. I put up a review here somewhere.
    I have the same. OK but not perfect. For the price it's good. Don't get stuck with one that has its own bag system cause then your over a barrel.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Hmm this is interesting. I was thinking of getting one also. @kiwijames what do you mean bag system? Do they not all use a open bag and seal one end?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    Hmm this is interesting. I was thinking of getting one also. @kiwijames what do you mean bag system? Do they not all use a open bag and seal one end?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    I once had one other (Breville?) that used a piercing type seal and a special zip like style of bag, another I saw had a valve. The one I have now just uses a roll of plastic tube you can cut to length. Seal one end then vacuum and seal the other once your product is in it. The blood is also a problem with some and they need a trap of some kind to catch without the blood getting into the pump.
    puku likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Another thing the bags off 1day.co.nz are worth getting when they come up . Cheep as chips .
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I got a German-made "SmartVac" about 6 months ago when I was dragged up the Akl Homeshow. Pretty smart machine, the best feature being the in-line removable filter before the pump. Cheap ones don't have this and it's very easy to accidentally suck liquid into an unprotected pump -> big trouble. The model I got was the better one (SV750, approx $400) with higher suction from twin pumps and it came with a heap of the special bag rolls. The agent is well established and it has a very good 5 yr warranty.

I looked at secondhand commercial machines but these warm up at 5K and way on up from there. Can't justify that.
    Last edited by 6x47; 24-11-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Like most things you get what you pay for ,The innovation ones I think H&F sells these are crap,The heating element over time create hot spots and burn the bag causing it not to seal or loose the vacum over time.I replace it with one of the semi commercial orved branded ones which has been great.Alot stronger and faster vacum and no problems sealing.Not all vacum bags are the same either textured bags which the smaller machines use vary greatly in price from one retailer to another. Dunnighams seem to be about the best price if you are not buying a 1000 at atime.

I have a sunbeam vacuum packer I bought second hand off trademe just over a year ago and the biggest work out it had so far is when I vaccuum packed the lamb I got off dundee after spending the day cutting it up at mucko's place it stood up to it pretty well but I find it is not that great once you get onto bigger cuts like leg roasts absolutely fine for those smaller cuts though.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals