Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan.22-250
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By Sideshow
  • 3 Post By mikee
  • 3 Post By kawhia
  • 3 Post By Friwi

Thread: Craigmore Pheasants

Craigmore Pheasants

Does anybody know if Craigmore Station near Timaru is still releasing and running Pheasant shoots ?. Emailed Game Keeper yesterday and still no reply.

I know they are still running shoots. They've got one every weekend from now until I think the end of July. Don't know if you can still get on those shoots or if it's all booked up.
    Micky Duck likes this.

I would consider driving down from Nelson for a bit of walked up shooting if it were reasonably priced and I could use my own dog.

But I think they only do driven shoots??
    stingray likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Place down by Lake Dunstan does pheasant shoots,well use too.Seen it on TV few years back.

@mikee I’d get in touch with the keeper they might just be looking for picker uppers. You don’t shoot but your dog will get a dam good work out and gain a load of experience at the same time.
    Downside will be when you take him out and come back with only one or two you have to live with his looks of disappointment
    Micky Duck likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    @mikee I’d get in touch with the keeper they might just be looking for picker uppers. You don’t shoot but your dog will get a dam good work out and gain a load of experience at the same time.
    Downside will be when you take him out and come back with only one or two you have to live with his looks of disappointment
    I run a pointer and she does retrieve but I its not something I have put extra work into. If I still lived closer I would be happy to help beating, picking up etc. For me its not really about the actual shooting more about the dog working.
    stingray, Sideshow and Micky Duck like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I run a pointer and she does retrieve but I its not something I have put extra work into. If I still lived closer I would be happy to help beating, picking up etc. For me its not really about the actual shooting more about the dog working.
    It’s why I run a pack of cockers, you get the fringe benefit of dogging in with your pointing breed between shoot days.
    mikee, Sideshow and Micky Duck like this.

I was thinking of you two fellas the other week watching Willie Duley shooting quail over the Chessy......in the snow.... when his fellow shooting man twice said "that dogs on" I said to wife...see thats when you need to READ your dog properly...and when he said 'that chessy is on point' I nearly spilt my cuppa tea...classic...locked up tighter than a tight thing then told to move and BOOM down goes bird.really good hearing someone other than owner reading a dog so well,team work makes the dream work
    75/15/10 black powder matters

The gamekeeper on Craigmore is a personal friend of mine.
    I can try to get in touch if one of you have a personal request. ( pm me and I ll see what I can do but I can’t guaranty an immediate response)
    But in any case , if he is not replying it might be for a valid reason.
    stingray, Sideshow and Micky Duck like this.