Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Albacore South Island

Id do more research bro, they are in our waters year round. Up here we have a alby comp mid winter

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Id do more research bro, they are in our waters year round. Up here we have a alby comp mid winter
    F@&kers ! . East or west coast ? They probably on our west coast but limited acess . 3 notorious bars to cross or its a massive 8 or more hours hast or same north west nelson .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Nice to know they good eating , hate to put my heart and sole ( and 300 lts fuel) into catching them and find out tast like arse . A bit of waiting as sounds like mid to late summer they on . @mikee @vietnamcam when do they frequent your bay ?
    Yep, late Dec, Early jan thru end Feb if the water temp stays up, off Okiwi Bay, Western Side Durville and also off Able tasman. I know a few guys who actively target them
    Munsey likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

F@&kers ! . East or west coast ? They probably on our west coast but limited acess . 3 notorious bars to cross or its a massive 8 or more hours hast or same north west nelson .
    East coast, i will add they are quite a bit further out in winter. Get them coming into the harbour in summer
    Munsey likes this.

My friends father is based in Hamilton , he's game fishing mad , he goes off both coasts . I know he smashes the skippys and albies just for bait . Hence my question on eating them . Bring on the global warming I say . 10 yrs time we may be marlin fishing from fiss boats out of ch ch
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and Gibo like this.

What temperature range do they like ?

My friends father is based in Hamilton , he's game fishing mad , he goes off both coasts . I know he smashes the skippys and albies just for bait . Hence my question on eating them . Bring on the global warming I say . 10 yrs time we may be marlin fishing from fiss boats out of ch ch
    Amen to that, I always wanted a beach front property and with global warming I wont have to move to get one
    Munsey likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Half of Ch ch had beach front sections but it took a massive earthquake to turn our yards into beaches . Wouldn't want to fish or swim in it .

18 degrees @Munsey it the cut off / start line. Blue water ...we hunted them of Greymouth this year.. You need a big bin of ice bleed , then chuck em in an ice slurry.. We didn't have enough and ruined a lot of bloody good fish to be honest... We chased them off okiwi a couple of times last year ... I would spend the $ on a coast trip if you really want to catch one .. Top of the South is a real gamble or a fuel burning trip for limited number of fish.
    veitnamcam, Munsey and mikee like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

mid to late summer in tasman bay