Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: "This site may be hacked"

"We" are a source of spam?!
    Spanners likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    It will be your web browser or virus protection
    I don't think it's just browsers or personal antivirus. Google is giving the warning as well.

https://support.google.com/websearch...642707063&rd=1

Bump! A site without HTTPS is not even trying to be secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Why no https on this site?
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Bump! A site without HTTPS is not even trying to be secure.
    Looks like we've had an upgrade.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Cordite likes this.

I wonder how much of our personal data might have been compromised during this failure or hacking or whatever it is? Like pass words, PM messages containing important and personal stuff etc?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Absolutely nothing in any way

This had been explained numerous times before in the last 3? Yrs - use the search.
    If you or anyone else would like all your info/profile/PM etc erased let me know and it will sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I wonder how much of our personal data might have been compromised during this failure or hacking or whatever it is? Like pass words, PM messages containing important and personal stuff etc?
    Don't know, but well done admin for a quick upgrade! On the down side, where's the Asian naughty girl gone when I try and log on first time?
    P38 and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    "We" are a source of spam?!
    I have had sausages made, roasts and patties but never considered asking a butcher to make my venny into spam.....Not sure I want to. He would probably refuse service...
    300CALMAN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Absolutely nothing in any way

This had been explained numerous times before in the last 3? Yrs - use the search.
    If you or anyone else would like all your info/profile/PM etc erased let me know and it will sorted
    Yes it has been explained numerous times, and I don't need to do a search to know that. But never before have I been blocked out by red page alerts originating from trusted guardians of my data.

In the event that my or anyone else's data has been compromised I expect that deleting it now might be a bit late.

I'm happy though to take you at your word that our data is safe.

Carry on the good work.
    Spanners likes this.

Over the last 6 yrs - no one other than 2 people with the access have come anywhere near the database.
    The red flag was unfortunate timing 3 ways.

There are some BIG changes coming - stay tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DAF, veitnamcam and Gibo like this.

Gibo, Tommy and 300CALMAN like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Over the last 6 yrs - no one other than 2 people with the access have come anywhere near the database.
    The red flag was unfortunate timing 3 ways.

There are some BIG changes coming - stay tuned

Hi Spanners, thanks for the upgrade. I would like to know how you are so sure that my bank account, firearms license number, pics of my guns, usernames and password have not been access by whoever compromised the web site for the last six months?

I would also like to take you up on the offer to delete all my data - profile, PMs etc. I can access this part of the forum to see the answers to this thread without logging on so feel free to do it today.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Yes it has been explained numerous times, and I don't need to do a search to know that. But never before have I been blocked out by red page alerts originating from trusted guardians of my data.

In the event that my or anyone else's data has been compromised I expect that deleting it now might be a bit late.

I'm happy though to take you at your word that our data is safe.

Carry on the good work.
    I think you have to assume your data has been stolen as it's almost impossible to prove that it hasn't. I have received hacking notification on my other accounts since this one was hacked. Hackers normally target obscure web sites (with less security) so that they can sell the data (primary usernames and passwords) on the dark net. That data is then used to access your other accounts on more important web sites or as input into brute force password crackers.

If you use the same password on here as you do on other web site (like most people do) then immediately change it to something else on another web site. Massive Attack recommends safe in cloud for Android or iOS if you need a password manager to remember your many passwords.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Looks like we've had an upgrade.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    It's a definite improvement but not quite there yet. Partially hidden under your red circle is the warning from chrome that this site is not fully secure (fully secure is a green padlock). Some digging with the chrome developer toolbar tells me that this is because the banner adds at the top are served via http. Adds are a major source of mailware as they are sourced from a third party not the site owner. The most practical thing you can do is block those bad boys with Adblock plus or better yet a PiHole.

https://pi-hole.net/

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Hi Spanners, thanks for the upgrade. I would like to know how you are so sure that my bank account, firearms license number, pics of my guns, usernames and password have not been access by whoever compromised the web site for the last six months?

I would also like to take you up on the offer to delete all my data - profile, PMs etc. I can access this part of the forum to see the answers to this thread without logging on so feel free to do it today.
    I’m going to be blunt and a cunt - because clearly there are some dimwitted tinfoil wearing pricks here who haven’t got the message, 1st, 2nd or fucking 10th time.
    THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A COMPROMISE OF DATA
    The redirect ‘bug’ has been known and there for years. It was fixed almost inmediatly, by disabling the addon module but 10mins later people like you were crying that they couldn’t ‘like’ a post as the function was part of that module. It’s an unfortunate issue with the platform as a whole. It isn’t attached to the database nor has any ties to it.
    It also would have temporarily broken all forum links.

Your password, bank account details and firearms number are your personal security issue - nothing to do with the forum - you havnt provided them to us and we don’t hold them on file nor care about them in anyway.
    If you want to send it via PM to someone then they get an email notification with the PM details in - you have no idea if they are receiving it at work, on their phone or a library computer or what they are going to do with it, let alone what sort of Malware etc is running on their machine.
    Perhaps you should consider your own online security practices before pointing the finger.
    If you don’t want pictures of your guns in the public domain - don’t post them - simple.

There hasn’t been an ‘upgrade’ - only a move to another ‘box’
    There IS an upgrade to a completely new piece of software next week.

I’ll deal with removing you as requested once I get back to a PC

veitnamcam, Munsey, mikee and 2 others like this.