Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Sharki
  • 1 Post By Tentman

Thread: Lithgow 101 22lr

Lithgow 101 22lr

Sold a few of em and the higher crntre fires in WA as a dealer, bought 1 here
    80m card. All sub ammo , loves Elley sport and cci Name:  20240403_115352.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  7.66 MB. Bring your cz and tikkas if u can outshoot it ill buy the beer
    Hermitage and BushChook like this.

Off bipod no back bag

Have one for sale if you need another.
    I agree that they are target rifle accurate. Even humble Tac 22 is excellent @ 50m bench.

Would be an excellent rifle if the factory triggers were much better. The CZs might not be quite as accurate (very little in it) but the trigger is significantly better. There was quite a lot of variation between individual L101s triggers too which I did not find to be comforting.
    Would have been happy with either when I brought but ended up with a CZ just because of the trigger as it's something I'm quite fussy on.
    Recently helped someone at the range sight in a Tikka and I, having never shot one before put 5 shots into about 0.6" at 50m with CCI HP. All three brands are good as far as I'm concerned.

MB
    Very good. I "accurised" my CZ 452 through luck more than judgement. YoDave trigger spring and barrel chop (yes, it actually helped). Can shoot one hole at 50 metres over 5 shots if I do my bit. It definitely likes CCI Subsonic.

This is factory trigger. Got aftermarket springs on way and and-20 rail . No issues with latest triggers , clean and crisp . Fk I love might just buy a 6.5

@MB try Elley sport 3$ difference at GC / tack driver

MB
    I went to great lengths to get some Eley ammunition at one point and it grouped worse than CCI Subsonic! Can't remember which flavour of Eley.

I don't think you need to worry too much about the trigger, Mine has been done over (before I got it, it's at 715gms) but that doesn't hold it back . When Darren @rambo6mmrem ran his competition (during lockdown if I recall) my 101 came out 2nd in the open class. People made big noises about all sorts of fancy pants rifles costing multiples of the LA101's cost but none produced 5x 5 shot groups with an average of 0.293 at 50M like thecLA101 did. It was beaten (just) by a Annie.

An LA101 is the equal of any 22 made including the RimX and Vudoos etc (at less than 30% of their cost!).
    Sharki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Makros View Post
    Would be an excellent rifle if the factory triggers were much better. The CZs might not be quite as accurate (very little in it) but the trigger is significantly better. There was quite a lot of variation between individual L101s triggers too which I did not find to be comforting.
    Would have been happy with either when I brought but ended up with a CZ just because of the trigger as it's something I'm quite fussy on.
    Recently helped someone at the range sight in a Tikka and I, having never shot one before put 5 shots into about 0.6" at 50m with CCI HP. All three brands are good as far as I'm concerned.
    They must vary as my trigger is excellent with the spring upgrade kit I cannot fault it. Mine also shoots one hole groups at 25 with cci
    It also likes rws match rifle (good luck finding that) and tenix. I use it for field and target work. The stock style enables both.