Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree24Likes
  • 8 Post By Trout
  • 9 Post By Trout
  • 1 Post By Trout
  • 1 Post By Chur Bay
  • 2 Post By distant stalker
  • 1 Post By Bagheera
  • 1 Post By RUMPY
  • 1 Post By Trout

Thread: Three shots

Three shots

Thort i better check my 308 at moa circles befor I go looking for deer next week.One cold bore at 400yds, bit of wind right to left,300yds n 200yds bit high.Works out im dialing about 1/2 inch too high for each distance.But il leave the scope zero alone.Im not a marksmans but deer will not know the difference when a 165gr smacks them in the sholder.
    Name:  20231003_212139.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  156.5 KB
    Name:  20231003_211805.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  289.6 KB
    Last edited by Trout; 03-10-2023 at 10:09 PM.

I don't think i could manage that at those ranges. Well done. The deer won't know the difference

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.

What's your scope mag on at 400m?

Scope on 10x sfp which makes the mildot moa 1".Some of my 100yds zero single cold bore shots sit about 1/2"above zero.So shooting out to 200,300,400 yds show the zero needs to back off 2 clks.Those target circles are 2''3"4" in diameter,so im shooting just above moa using Hornady Superformance 165gr ssts.
    when scope is on 16x,its just to hard to hold mil dot on target dot steady,but on 10x is perfet and parralax is good.When aiming i hold rifle on target relaxed and shut my eyes for about 20 seconds and open to see a clear target for about 2 seconds.I do this several times checking rifle stays in the one spot as my breath exhales and sqeeze of the trigger. There was about 20 minuts between each shot,barrel stays cold and dirty.
    Yesterday the lake was mirror,very little breeze,range shoots nor west,but on the first shot there was a slight westerly breeze which moved my 400yds shot slightly left 2inchs.Any how il back off my zero 2 clks and all is very good.Scope is a cheap $500 nikko stirling 2x16x50 with a red or green dot for night shooting.Its very accurate and a good scope model for the young guys starting out hunting that cant afford a 2k,3k scope.18 deer didnt like this scope last summer including 2 twelve pointers.
    Any how look out deer next week,i havnt been hunting for 5 months.I just get the cold and flu to easilly in the winter.Have a good day guys.
    Trout.
    Last edited by Trout; 04-10-2023 at 07:17 AM.
    Tahr, erniec, chainsaw and 6 others like this.

Nikki have always made scopes way better than their price implies as you obviously know

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Nikki have always made scopes way better than their price implies as you obviously know
    Brought it from ScopeUout,has a life time warranty and has a very wide FOV for my thermal clip on.At night it sits on2x 3x,gives a perfect picture out to 300yds.Can shoot further if needed but most deer are inside 300yds.Some deer iv shot early morning or sun set with out clipon out to 350yds.Thats where i can dial up the mag if needed.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Nice shooting. Good luck on your hunt.
    Tahr likes this.

Yep they punch higher than their price those nikkos. Just wont win pissing contest with one but when they proform like that who needs to...

Trout, proving the versatility of the 308 since ages ago.

Nice shooting mate, nice way of proving data, especially like the cold bore focus
    Tahr and Micky Duck like this.

Its the nut behind the butt on this one.
    Tahr likes this.

This is great shooting Trout, especially your technique on relaxing behind the rifle before taking the shot.
    Tahr likes this.

Love the wind sock

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Love the wind sock
    Its the lightis bit of ribbon i could find in the sawing shop in Timaru.Even if you think theres no breeze,it will pick it up.I just wait till the ribbon hangs plume n break the trigger.Could wait several minuts on a calm day,good training for holding your rifle on target.
    Gibo likes this.