Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hello from the UK

Welcome Buck, First I have seen of a muntjac Cheers for sharing. unusual skull shape on them.

We are very fortunate in NZ with free public land hunting, We are also probably a bit unique in the amount of bush stalking we do in this country.
    Hind in NZ native forest. - YouTube
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

How do you find places to hunt deer in England?
    Is it hard to find no private places, or is it pretty much all on private property and you either need to know the owner or pay them for the opportunity to hunt?

I know Scotland is a lot different but have heard England and Wales can be quite difficult to get places to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    How do you find places to hunt deer in England?
    Is it hard to find no private places, or is it pretty much all on private property and you either need to know the owner or pay them for the opportunity to hunt?

I know Scotland is a lot different but have heard England and Wales can be quite difficult to get places to shoot.
    I have not been on the forum for a while so, sorry for the late response.

I have been very lucky that I have found a lot of land with deer on it without too much trouble. If you do a good job "taking care" of all the vermin like rabbits, foxes etc, farmers will talk to each other and say that this guy has done a good job and it snow balls from there. I have in excess of 2000 acres of land within 5 miles of my house that I can shoot on 364 days a year for free.(Xmas day is prohibited).

Scotland is still private land, IE you will need to have written permission to shoot either from a privately owned individual or from the Forestry Commission which is a Government Run department like your DOC. With the Forestry Commission stalking you either need to take on a lease for x number of years or go as a paying client. So it is still hard to get low cost shooting.

I am a member of 2 different syndicates in Scotland, one is 2500 acres and costs £800 per year and the other is 1200 acres and costs £500 per year.

Cheers

Welcome mate

Hey mate the english shooting rules are hard work
    Scotland like a pain in the behind
    Its just hard
    Can't wait till I go home ?
    Rules are more realist no separate
    Licences for a shotgun or rifle
    And pistols are not banned
    Get your self to nz like half of the uk