Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: AOS shooting -TVOne sunday program

AOS shooting -TVOne sunday program

Any one see the doco on Sunday at 7pm last night ? Wow - seriously scary.
    Raised some VERY serious concerns and issues around police/AOS use of firearms and their "investigation" that followed. Really feel for Richard Neville as the innocent party caught in the cross fire (literally) & seriously injured. (let alone the other poor guy who got killed.)
    Great to see Richard with Nick Taylor as his legal counsel taking the police to task on this matter. Some one needs to.
    While I believe that our police on the whole do a good job, often in very trying & stressful situations, this one appears to be a case where they got it wrong, very wrong.
    The "cover up" that followed and the lack of acceptance of fault or error is VERY scary.
    The information provided in the doco suggests that 2 officers involved made serious error(s) in judgement (firing thru a windscreen with a 223 round that by nature is fragmentary).
    Then the police investigation including claims that the rifle used must have been "innacurate" (how at 20 paces could any rifle be a metre or two out on poi ??? & if it was then why was it in service ??), tampering with said rifle (evidence) and then using only selected photos from the scene that supported their (AOS) story & claiming that they did nothing "unlawful" leaves a very bad taste in my mouth & seems to point to a culture of cover up & mistruths to "protect their own".
    The "evidence" shown on the doco leave the poilce with a huge credibility and trust gap.
    Man up & deal with it sirs.
    Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done.
    outdoorlad, hamsav and Woody like this.

Yep i support the police, but for a starter your using the wrong rifle IMHO. I watched it and someone needs to man up, shooting through TWO layers of laminated glass screens would suggest he shouldnt have been on the end of a firearm. Its a sad situation and hard to believe there has been no apology or contact made. These guys seem to be above the law of this country.
    hamsav likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

There's a few questions that need answered, how does a trained AOS guy miss by that much that close? And if he did shoot thru the truck window deliberately then that's pretty reckless.
    Kiwi Greg and hamsav like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

sneakywaza I got
    The AOS, are rank amateurs, Walter Mittys to a man. I dislike the idea of rank and file police being armed because it will be worse when frightened children feel they have to pull their sidearm in a violent situation without adequate training under stress to give them actions on that work, if it were only gang scum that got killed, I would be very pleased, but the reality is that innocent people will get shot more frequently as more police resort to the "ultimate force"
    hamsav likes this.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    The AOS, are rank amateurs, Walter Mittys to a man. I dislike the idea of rank and file police being armed because it will be worse when frightened children feel they have to pull their sidearm in a violent situation without adequate training.
    Allrighty then, that went downhill pretty quick ��
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

the book Alpha Zero the history of the AOS makes for great reading, very interesting and informative
    res likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    The AOS, are rank amateurs, Walter Mittys to a man. I dislike the idea of rank and file police being armed because it will be worse when frightened children feel they have to pull their sidearm in a violent situation without adequate training under stress to give them actions on that work, if it were only gang scum that got killed, I would be very pleased, but the reality is that innocent people will get shot more frequently as more police resort to the "ultimate force"
    Care to quote what direct experience you've had with AOS operations and training?
    ebf, Nibblet, kotuku and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Care to quote what direct experience you've had with AOS operations and training?
    +Id say that would be highly unlikely Savage.
    ummm-gents lets not forget TV is about ratings ,not fucking truthfinding -if these shallow little rating whores can twist a story to lift their they will.I m also suprised some of you seem tobe as gullible as to accept the verdict of the court of public opinion with without qualification.
    Ive seen similat TV docos produced in psychiatric hospitals where film crews were totally inappropriate broke privacy and the final version had as much relationship with the actual truth as my arse does with albert einstein.
    finally a lot of these so called documentary makers either produce to a hidden agenda,or use this to demonstrate the bloody great chips on their shoulders!
    how do we know what happened -were we in the front line do we know exactly what when where how who ,what was said what assessments made .NO-so why offer a half cocked opinion.
    R93, Tuidog, Survy and 2 others like this.

R93
    Yup the media and the like are not interested in the truth just what makes a good story to sell.

I have been amazed how far the media and the like have gone, 6not to tell the truth about stuff I have been in the know about.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    And we all know what we will find in the last handful!
    distant stalker likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Da fact are: someone was killed and someone was severely injured and the crim was untouched, the training need addressing or maybe not, Im undecided
    dirtyhabit and sharps no 1 like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Even if you take away the media's bias view it's rather concerning that none of the shots fired by the AOS connected with thier intended target from a relatively close range - they are highly trained operators so we are told.
    How can the civilian have such a different version of events yet the bullets trajectory seems to back his up?
    Also why would you strip the weapons down before an incident review had be conducted and by a senior officer as well.
    Don't know but sounds odd to me.
    veitnamcam, Maca49, blake and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wsm junkie View Post
    Even if you take away the media's bias view it's rather concerning that none of the shots fired by the AOS connected with thier intended target from a relatively close range - they are highly trained operators so we are told.
    How can the civilian have such a different version of events yet the bullets trajectory seems to back his up?
    Also why would you strip the weapons down before an incident review had be conducted and by a senior officer as well.
    Don't know but sounds odd to me.
    Well im just fucked if I know
    veitnamcam and Woody like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

In a few short words, they made a mistake. Police or not, we all do, we're all human.

Sometimes the police (not just in this country too) can get abit rough around the edges when it comes to their mistakes which is unfortunate... Cover-ups/inquires into their negligence etc but for the most part they do a great job & I have alot of respect for them.

Policticains on the other hand & the gate keepers (selected desensitizing-facist media)... ruin it for eveyone. Please go home. the world could do without you for sometime...
    DAF, Savage1, R93 and 3 others like this.