Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Tasbay
  • 2 Post By tetawa
  • 1 Post By Friwi
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By timattalon

Thread: Dealer to Dealer Firearms transport

Dealer to Dealer Firearms transport

After sending and receiving a couple of firearms just recently there is some thing I am curious about regarding this process. During the courier transport of the firearm I imagine at some point it ends up in a courier van where the driver does not have a F/L. Just wondering if any members can shed light on this. Or maybe I'm wrong and the extra high cost of the send (around $60) is because the firearm must be on a courier where the driver does have a F/L.
    For a recent send I did, one store was reluctant to receive the firearm and I was told the reason for this was because whoever was tasked with Inwards goods at this particular store did not have a F/L so legally they could not sign for and receive the firearm as inwards goods. A bit of an anomaly there if the Courier does not have a F/L.
    The system does seem to work quite well and I would hate to see further restriction on sending Firearms. So definitely do not want to rock this boat, I'm just curious.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

The truck driver shifting the pallet of arms from customs clearance to the dealer probably doesn't have a firearm license either. Lets not make this more difficult than it has to be.

Understand that if the store holds a dealers license the staff need FA license. This was one of the reasons that Farmlands stopped selling ammo. The Dealer to Dealer charge is not the Courier cost alone, some outlets have incorporated a "handling" fee at both ends. Best I've seen is the old Hamills from Manukau City who are still selling off stock from shop closure, $125 for Dealer to Dealer. Couriers have not needed a license to cart firearms as part of their business. Know of more than one firearm related business who use other courier firms and pay far less than Dealer to Dealer charges.
    timattalon and Ranger 888 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    The truck driver shifting the pallet of arms from customs clearance to the dealer probably doesn't have a firearm license either. Lets not make this more difficult than it has to be.
    Definitely not my intention to take this any further than casual conversation here. I can live with the system as it is. However the issue of firearms transport speaks volumes to the ambiguities in the system and one of the big reasons why legitimate firearms owners become hardcore cynics.
    My other family members who do not have a F/L are not even permitted to know how to access my secure firearms storage area. When I travel with firearms I must remove the bolt or otherwise immobilize said firearm.
    but an unlicensed courier can drive around the countryside with firearms in their van, without the need to immobilize that firearm by storing the bolt in a separate location or install a trigger lock of removing the bolt is not applicable. The laws an ASS.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Furniture removal Co doing our shift have refused to handle anything f/a related.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    Definitely not my intention to take this any further than casual conversation here. I can live with the system as it is. However the issue of firearms transport speaks volumes to the ambiguities in the system and one of the big reasons why legitimate firearms owners become hardcore cynics.
    My other family members who do not have a F/L are not even permitted to know how to access my secure firearms storage area. When I travel with firearms I must remove the bolt or otherwise immobilize said firearm.
    but an unlicensed courier can drive around the countryside with firearms in their van, without the need to immobilize that firearm by storing the bolt in a separate location or install a trigger lock of removing the bolt is not applicable. The laws an ASS.
    Just aimed at making our lives a difficult as possible. I sold a rifle the other week, one week to get the police form emailed to me from his AO
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Courrier are exempt from needing a firearm licence to transport firearms. I believe that is in the law actually.
    Hop that answers your question
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid 51 View Post
    Furniture removal Co doing our shift have refused to handle anything f/a related.
    good reason to find another company...
    csmiffy likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    Now tell us whom you are going to vote or this election. Moron 1 or Moron 2 party. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Courrier are exempt from needing a firearm licence to transport firearms. I believe that is in the law actually.
    Hop that answers your question
    Couriers etc are covered under the carriage of goods act. Part of the logic around not requiring FAL is discretion around what is in the parcel. Imagine if Jewelry had to be labelled as "valuble" so it did not get misdelivered...I suspect more would go missing as it screasm "steal me"......

Similar laws apply to Police and military ersonell who also do not require a FAL in the process of doing their jobs. Ironic in that they are required to handle and use firearms that almost no one in the country is allowed to own ....including themselves.....
    tetawa likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......