Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tararua
  • 1 Post By Sasquatch
  • 1 Post By Chilli_Dog

Thread: Now is the time

Now is the time

Hi guys.

Now is the time to lobby for whatever changes to firearm laws you want to see. I understand a large block of voters on this forum support that guy from that party who is deciding the next government.

Call then whoever you supported this election and make it clear to them what issues you want to see addressed, especially public firearm ownership policy. Changes to the domestic firearm market could see whole new subtopics open up on this forum.

I am going to suggest E cat background checks and safes for every license holder, but that gives them rights to everything.

I am going to lobby for castle doctrine and more police (that also respect law abiding joe public). Also I am going to suggest they look at the lead ban for shooting waterfowl. Waterways are already so polluted. In my area mallards are not for eating anymore, their habitat is pollution (literally shit and contaminated waterways). I don't understand the need for a lead ban on one shotgun caliber, when lead is largely inert and sinks into the ground.

Cheers have a great time. Relish it.
    Deetleaves likes this.

Why does there need to be any more background checks for E cat @tararua?

I think what he means is make it so the level of checks for e cat is what you need for a FAL and then remove all of the categories so there is no restrictions on mags or length etc. If you have a license you have a license for everything.
    I've always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful men on their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deetleaves View Post
    I think what he means is make it so the level of checks for e cat is what you need for a FAL and then remove all of the categories so there is no restrictions on mags or length etc. If you have a license you have a license for everything.
    Never happen.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yeah nah. What we have now will do fine.
    Pointer likes this.

None of those are ever going to happen.

I suggested a while back they introduce a learner licence for firearms
    something along the lines of ....
    able to use firearms over a weekend but not able to store it at home during week,which means young billy bob has to go see his FA sponser to get rifle for weekend and can be given 3rd degree before leaving...if plan is to get pissed and spotlight...well HOPEFULLY sponser will kick his arse and tell him to pull head in and come back another time.
    it frees it up a bit if hunting with a young fella as the one rifle between two would go out window.
    by not storing rifle themselves it sort of puts a layer between young person and full ownership etc

got lynched for the suggestion....go figure.

I think that sort of thing would be reasonable if there were the resources and willingness to support it - at the moment I reckon the closest thing to that is the HUNTS course which is definitely a good setup

As for OP's point I advocate in that direction individually but don't like to do politics in this forum as that isn't what we do here but yeah fair point

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I suggested a while back they introduce a learner licence for firearms
    something along the lines of ....
    able to use firearms over a weekend but not able to store it at home during week,which means young billy bob has to go see his FA sponser to get rifle for weekend and can be given 3rd degree before leaving...if plan is to get pissed and spotlight...well HOPEFULLY sponser will kick his arse and tell him to pull head in and come back another time.
    it frees it up a bit if hunting with a young fella as the one rifle between two would go out window.
    by not storing rifle themselves it sort of puts a layer between young person and full ownership etc

got lynched for the suggestion....go figure.
    I think that might be a bit tricky. However in some ways it is a lot like most rural kids introduction to firearms, shooting with parents, when old enough (still too young for a lience) they get their own rifle that is kept lock in the parents cabinet and let out with varying degrees of supervision as seen fit by said parents.

Ecat safes for everyone is a non starter though, it seems like a very good way to head down the road of de-arming the general public, how many of the 250,000 owners have the ability/willingness to spend that sort of money, suddenly the lobby group becomes a lot smaller, but hey if the government was to hand them out I would take one!
    Micky Duck likes this.