Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree29Likes
  • 1 Post By Hermitage
  • 4 Post By Hermitage
  • 11 Post By dannyb
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By kotuku
  • 3 Post By dannyb
  • 7 Post By NIMROD

Thread: Words Fail me

Words Fail me

Im still stunned as i type this . just took a call form a good friend of mine(beleive me they are few and far between in this age). a mob of Costers Cossacks arrived unannounced a few nights ago and cleaned him out of his entire firearms collection ammo etcetc -the whole bloody lot .rationale apparently a shitty livered ex employer who took exception to a couple of throwaway remarks and didnt have the balls to get over himself and trotted down to the local boys in blue house to complain.
    he also recently got a ticket for parking on a yellow line whilst assisting a person injured inh an MVA.the blue boy issiued it cause apparently the bird who knocked this cyclist off his bike reckns the cyclist was obscured by mateybraes car FFS1Matey pointed out hed been working his ring off on the injured bnugger tillthe ambos arrifved so a little slack would be nice as a mark of appreciation ,but mr officious no luck FFS.

my suggestion is to slap this right where it belongs -right in the laps of the dollops of DNA in the debating chamber ,particularly those we know as friendlies!Ihope ginny anderson gets lit up like a jacko in the headlights .

Handle the gangs w ith kid gloves but dont hesitate to kick a decent FALO in the guts -is this the NZ our fathers fought and in some cases died for???

He should watch his 'throwaway remarks' when it comes to harming someone... esp if it involves firearms.

Heck just making your fingers into a pistol and 'aiming' it at someone is enough to lose your firearms license.
    Bol Tackshin likes this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    That sucks, no common sense involved at all.
    I think people, in general and I include the police, have become quick to find fault or take offence when none was intended.
    Hopefully someone senior can take a look at this and go, nope, over reaction

And as to the country our service people fort for, nope, I think it’s morphed into a place they wouldn’t recognise
    Sadly

PS. I know fort is wrong, to tired to look it up.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    He should watch his 'throwaway remarks' when it comes to harming someone... esp if it involves firearms.

Heck just making your fingers into a pistol and 'aiming' it at someone is enough to lose your firearms license.
    My informant did not specify the nature of his remarks nor did i ask ,so please kindly refrain from jumping to conclusions as to their content . THANK YOU.
    As to the other,it was quite clearly started in the MSM article that those people had been arguing with assorted legal agencies for quite some time before the fingerpointing incident occurred so that does give some proper context.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    My informant did not specify the nature of his remarks nor did i ask ,so please kindly refrain from jumping to conclusions as to their content . THANK YOU.
    As to the other,it was quite clearly started in the MSM article that those people had been arguing with assorted legal agencies for quite some time before the fingerpointing incident occurred so that does give some proper context.
    The point I was making is that times have changed a lot since the ChCh shooting.
    Hell times have changed with Firearms a huge amount since 'the NZ our fathers fought and died for'.
    Firearms are not something the average citizen understands anymore and basically, they don't want to know. They just know they are 'dangerous'.

All licensed Firearm owners have to be very careful with their words and actions these days if they don't want the possibility of losing their license.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Wasnt it only a couple of weeks ago at most your daughters work place was threatened by an unstable individual ? If I remember correctly you were absolutely furious (rightly so) but what if (humor me) just for a second the police didn't catch up with that guy cause he told them it was just a throw away comment, then he went and followed through on his threats ?
    I suspect (without jumping to conclusions) the same thought process could apply hear....I mean if the police have had these throw away comments reported, do nothing, and then shit happens and it's made public they had known there was a "percieved" risk after threats were reportedly made by a LFAO then the police would have some very very awkward questions to answer. I'll bet also that if the police didn't follow up with the perp involved with your daughters workplace you'd be asking some very pointed questions also.....
    Now bear in mind I'm not jumping to conclusions, but if this is all a storm in a tea cup or a vindictive report made to police to cause your friend greif and trouble with the police surely after investigating then all would be returned and the complainent would be dealt with for wasting police time. Yup it's a shit sandwich for your mate in the mean time, but cool heads need to provail, and good lawyers need to be consulted.
    I know I would rather the police take firearms off someone if there was any risk, you can always give them back if proven wrong but you can't go back in time a take them away if the threat is carried out.....

I hope your friend gets this sorted, its not a decision I would like to have to make if I was a police officer.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    The point I was making is that times have changed a lot since the ChCh shooting.
    Hell times have changed with Firearms a huge amount since 'the NZ our fathers fought and died for'.
    Firearms are not something the average citizen understands anymore and basically, they don't want to know. They just know they are 'dangerous'.

All licensed Firearm owners have to be very careful with their words and actions these days if they don't want the possibility of losing their license.
    the point you were making has been bloody obvious since these genetically engineered dollops of DNA first got their little tertiary educated paws on the reins of power.Given my half century of frontline mental health work Im fully cognisant of the foibles of human nature so dont need repititious reminders thanks all the same.Ive said all along if this incoming debacle and police powers associated with it ever went before a court of law(a distinct possiblity not probability) and the decision was in favour of the petitioner NZ police could end up with a lot more than egg on their faces and they know it .The IPCA and police union head have already alluded to misgivings re police activities in recent times.It appaers that the rationale used here tend more toward the intended censorship of speech on the face of it.

Kotuku me ol china....... take a page out of your stream swimming guide and bung that particular poster on your ignore list...it will save you some grief
    Danny is making a good point....just let it lay for now and hope your buddies lawyers can sort it. shit sammy but not a thing anyone can do to help him until that happens.
    RugerM77 and Andygr like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Wasnt it only a couple of weeks ago at most your daughters work place was threatened by an unstable individual ? If I remember correctly you were absolutely furious (rightly so) but what if (humor me) just for a second the police didn't catch up with that guy cause he told them it was just a throw away comment, then he went and followed through on his threats ?
    I suspect (without jumping to conclusions) the same thought process could apply hear....I mean if the police have had these throw away comments reported, do nothing, and then shit happens and it's made public they had known there was a "percieved" risk after threats were reportedly made by a LFAO then the police would have some very very awkward questions to answer. I'll bet also that if the police didn't follow up with the perp involved with your daughters workplace you'd be asking some very pointed questions also.....
    Now bear in mind I'm not jumping to conclusions, but if this is all a storm in a tea cup or a vindictive report made to police to cause your friend greif and trouble with the police surely after investigating then all would be returned and the complainent would be dealt with for wasting police time. Yup it's a shit sandwich for your mate in the mean time, but cool heads need to provail, and good lawyers need to be consulted.
    I know I would rather the police take firearms off someone if there was any risk, you can always give them back if proven wrong but you can't go back in time a take them away if the threat is carried out.....

I hope your friend gets this sorted, its not a decision I would like to have to make if I was a police officer.
    FYI-the incident was repeated and only then did the police take action!as i posted.You and i both know what its like to have threats /abuse thrown at us but you can usually understand why if youre aufait with the context.as Ive spoken of Itook action when an attempt was made by a person to run down a policeman and myself in a car ,after Id legally stopped her leaving the premises with the intent to comnmit suicide ,an action specifically covered in the crimes act.police now get 2weeks training in mental health IIRC -hardly what id call enough experience to determine the exact intent meant by someones word based on a singular statement of someone whose intentions are????based and without at least asking to speak to my friend first to get their side of the story.

anyhow enough of this conundrum ,Ive told them ill assist in any way i can as i feel for em as this is not their first shitty hand dealt in the poker game of life recently and psychologically they are feeling pretty ravaged..
    Moa Hunter likes this.

FYI-the incident was repeated and only then did the police take action!as i posted.You and i both know what its like to have threats /abuse thrown at us but you can usually understand why if youre aufait with the context.as Ive spoken of Itook action when an attempt was made by a person to run down a policeman and myself in a car ,after Id legally stopped her leaving the premises with the intent to comnmit suicide ,an action specifically covered in the crimes act.police now get 2weeks training in mental health IIRC -hardly what id call enough experience to determine the exact intent meant by someones word based on a singular statement of someone whose intentions are????based and without at least asking to speak to my friend first to get their side of the story.

anyhow enough of this conundrum ,Ive told them ill assist in any way i can as i feel for em as this is not their first shitty hand dealt in the poker game of life recently and psychologically they are feeling pretty ravaged..
    Kotuku, please understand I'm not jumping to conclusions, just trying to give a little context to the process behind the polices actions, it's not a nice position to be in for them either. I'm sure front line coppers don't want yo go around taking firearms off of LFAO's for no good reason.
    I don't know what your mate said, you don't know what he said either. Like I said cool heads need to prevail and deal with this in a fit and proper way.
    I meant no offense and I still dont.
    308mate, Finnwolf and RugerM77 like this.
    #DANNYCENT

My apologies if I've read this wrong Kotuku, but in your own words, you "don't know the specifics of the nature of his remarks", and "nor did you ask him"
    Two sides to every story I'm really saying, until the specifics are correlated. And that's where the Police come in.

I posted this on hwere to get some sort of feel for what others though t .case closed,hands down ill go alone .Danny close the thread if you would thank you.

Well to be fair, it only takes a previous partner from several years ago to get their knicker elastic twisted and make a complaint to the Arms Outfit, and the poor firearms licence holder who has done nothing wrong apart from breeding with a questionable individual finds that they have their licence suspended pending revocation. The AO's apparently have 3 months to make a decision on taking the suspension to court to permanently revoke a licence - meanwhile the licence holder has their firearms and ammunition removed from their possession.

Yes, occasionally there are people that for whatever reason quite rightly need to have their licences revoked. But what happens in the event that the complaint is spurious, malicious, or comes from a disgruntled ex who has been trained up by a far too tolerant system on what to say and how to say it to cause the system to turn itself into a weapon they can use to create absolute mayhem? There absolutely needs to be a mechanism for making malicious complaints about licenced firearms owners a chargeable offence with a serious consequence to absolutely preserve the integrity of the system!

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Well to be fair, it only takes a previous partner from several years ago to get their knicker elastic twisted and make a complaint to the Arms Outfit, and the poor firearms licence holder who has done nothing wrong apart from breeding with a questionable individual finds that they have their licence suspended pending revocation. The AO's apparently have 3 months to make a decision on taking the suspension to court to permanently revoke a licence - meanwhile the licence holder has their firearms and ammunition removed from their possession.

Yes, occasionally there are people that for whatever reason quite rightly need to have their licences revoked. But what happens in the event that the complaint is spurious, malicious, or comes from a disgruntled ex who has been trained up by a far too tolerant system on what to say and how to say it to cause the system to turn itself into a weapon they can use to create absolute mayhem? There absolutely needs to be a mechanism for making malicious complaints about licenced firearms owners a chargeable offence with a serious consequence to absolutely preserve the integrity of the system!
    I witnessed that personally .guy ended up very distressed and the day the cop srang to tell him he was innocent and theyd return his collection -his remasins were in a retort at the crematorium .yes he got all his affairs in order and used a 12sxs hed concealed to virtually remove his head or large portion of it.any wonder why i get hot b under the collar .anyhow subject is close as far as Im concerned. ill support my colleague in dealing with this malevolence.

Sounds like someone may have been close to losing their FAL on MH issues.