Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dog getting out to far.

Ya say "GETAWAY BACK!" Then if he turns the wrong way "GET OUT OF IT YOU MONGREL!"
    Pointer and Dougie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Then I tell them the dogs don't speak Amharic, only English. As not one person knows how to train a dog beyond yelling at it or hitting with sticks or teasing hell out of it, no one knows dogs are smart. Think it's some form of magic.
    It's not really that different here then?

"In the bush I click my fingers if she is getting to far out and she will move back in or just whisper heel. " i also do the "pssst" like Munsey, works well,

my dogs not a hunting breed by a long shot, he wont get out of my sight or he gets all panicky(emo), and he has oocasionally barked when he smelt deer, so i dont take him any more, but i have learnt a lot(esp what not to do), for dog mk2 ,

nice gsp Luke!

My dog got out a bit far this morning while I was putting a fence up and returned too me with a live rabbit in his gob
    The rabbit wasn't hurt and the look on the smug dogs face was priceless but I didn't have my bloody camera cause of all this damn rain.
    And tonight when heading home I called him,no response! Here he was in a bucket up too his neck in curds.
    He new he was naughty just look at the face

Name:  picture 178.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  164.8 KBName:  picture 179.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  163.1 KBName:  picture 180.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  164.7 KB

Yikes, Dundee...his tummy could be explosive on that stuff!!!!!!! Attaboy, Bolt!!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

i have a year old gsp. she is very fast and loves to range ahead. what i do before going on a hunt is to get rid of all the built up energy and let her run next to the ute on the way to where i am going. she loves it and calms down. my old gsp never use to range more than 10m in front.