Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By bump
  • 1 Post By Pointer
  • 1 Post By Petros_mk
  • 2 Post By Pointer
  • 3 Post By Pointer
  • 1 Post By Dundee
  • 2 Post By Ruff
  • 3 Post By upnorth uplander
  • 1 Post By Pointer

Thread: Working line stud labrador sought

Working line stud labrador sought

New to this forum..came across it looking for a stud labrador for my female as wanting a field trial working line rather than the stockier show lines I see around. This is her pedigree and she is from UK, had all her checks and all fine etc. In Auckland. She is pale redfox colouring and she is petite (only 22kg) Anyone know of a male not too far away from Auckland with all health checks completed, that would suit for a mating September? Thanks
    Sean likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bump View Post
    Anyone know of a male not too far away from Auckland with all health checks completed, that would suit for a mating September?
    @Petros_mk is male and lives in Auckland. Not sure if he is health tested though
    Munsey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    @Petros_mk is male and lives in Auckland. Not sure if he is health tested though
    LOL... got to hand it to you, that was priceless. How did you know I like them petite...

@bump, health is all in check, just be vary I am a shy water retriever, was brought up in a landlocked country... also I've never sired a liter (to the best of my knowlage) the results will be interesting to see.

That's a good point about size. Petros might not be the one for your petite bitch Bump.

@upnorthuplander might be a better choice if you want size in the pups. As long as you don't mind the chocolate coat colour also Auckland based.

(I think I'm going to get a hiding after all this!)
    Ruff and Carpe Diem like this.

@Petros_mk, @Pointer, you guys are naughty...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

It's only naughty if Petros actually does it
    Petros_mk, Ruff and EeeBees like this.

...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

My bro has a good line of labs near Whakatane. pm me for his details. We picked this we blighter up not long ago.
    Name:  picture 8795.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  165.0 KB
    mrs dundee likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

New to this forum..came across it looking for a stud labrador for my female as wanting a field trial working line rather than the stockier show lines I see around. This is her pedigree and she is from UK, had all her checks and all fine etc. In Auckland. She is pale redfox colouring and she is petite (only 22kg) Anyone know of a male not too far away from Auckland with all health checks completed, that would suit for a mating September? Thanks
    Best starting point would be Eugenie Clapham I have alerted her to this thread so she should make contact!
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!
    Rebelwood Gundog Training

Guess mine were too stocky then, did you get in touch with the person I suggested you get in contact with.

For the uninitiated keep in mind that going hunting does not make a dog "Working strain"... breeding does. If it's standard New Zealand bred with SH CH or lots of CH's in the titles then it is show bred... they still hunt and many of them make great hunting companions, but the real hunting dog enthusiasts who focus's on field performance will virtually always start with a Working Strain. There are some exceptions but few and you need to be extremely careful in believing at face value "Oh yes they are working strain"!

The difference is structural and mindset. You can't take a show lab, get it fit, lose the fat and say it's a working dog, it's built different, thinks different. It'll be healthier, look nicer, and be a lot better off for the work and fitness but at the genetic level more attributes will have been chosen to meet a show standard than will have been paid to working ability. The working strain are virtually always much easier to train.
    Munsey and stingray like this.
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!
    Rebelwood Gundog Training

@Pointer @Petros_mk snow would be the dog hes looking for
    Pointer, Petros_mk and Ruff like this.

I can vouch for Snowy. I haven't seen another take a line on a retrieve like that dog! He's a good looker too
    Ruff likes this.