Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By bigbear

Thread: Might Mix Kibble

Might Mix Kibble

Gidday all

Anyone out there feed there hounds mighty mix kibble?

Been feeding it to mine for years but have noticed over the last few months they gone off it. Pup that eats it still scoffs it down, but she eats anything. Eldest dog barely eats it at all and im often throwing it out, second eldest will eat a little bit then trot off and do her thing. She will eat it but slowly through the day etc... Same for the rest.

Wondering if they might have changed the recipe as they all used to hoover it down?

Either way im going to have to switch to something else as they're not eating it and all been loosing condition.

SiB
    I feed mine the frozen mix and the large biscuits. No change there to my observation with my dogs

Don't use mighty mix but I reckon eukanubu had changed theirs as well, my pup just won't eat it and is losing condition

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    add hot water to it
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Ask your wife to make you a jam sandwich for lunch for 12months Our house dogs get a bit of mixed food in there diet just to give them a change. Biscult's, veny scrapes, left over cooked veges, bits of mutton and chicken necks from the super market every now and then
    veitnamcam, Pointer and mikee like this.

we feed chunky dog roll purchased from likes of farmlands.... doesnt need to sit in fridge, dogs get same amount each night and 1 roll lasts for 6 feeds eg 2 dogs x 3 days. have fed pretty much only this for last 3 years... we get maybe 3 craps on lawn for a day so not huge issue (although some huge craps at times LOL) dogs coats are shiney and they healthy.
    you could try a bit of it for variety..... its a right bastard when they change recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Ask your wife to make you a jam sandwich for lunch for 12months Our house dogs get a bit of mixed food in there diet just to give them a change. Biscult's, veny scrapes, left over cooked veges, bits of mutton and chicken necks from the super market every now and then
    Same here. i also search out short dated bags of biscuits, currently dogs are on Bison ( Biscuits) as I got a few bags way way cheaper than their normal price.
    We are lucky in that chopping and changing brands/types does not have any unpleasant effects on their poo
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Check their teeth, might be a reason they arent keen on hard food, we add a cup of hot water to my dags kibble h loves the gravy it makes

Cool, thanks all. Will give the hot water thing a whirl. Bit odd that they all seem to have gone off it all at once, hence me thinking something had changed in the recipe. Can't afford them loosing condition coming into winter so will likely switch to tux energy next month.

you wont find any biscuit trees in the bush dogs eat meat, briskets
    from a local butcher are good, chunky dog roll five different flavours, i only feed biscuits if i want to take condition off a dog

57JL

copped rice dog food

i feed my dogs copped rice biscuits and a bit of chunky dog roll started them on the copped rice puppy food for first 12 months as recommended then changed to the working dog formula along with the odd possum and you can change to the family dog formula if not working them much and starting to get to fat
    you can only buy this from the commercial stores like farmlands ,RD1 ect
    dogs look good shiny coats heaps of energy what more could you ask for