Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Who are the Forum Archers?

have to agree there bro, our EOI is in the May draw, so fingers crossed a new life awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    have to agree there bro, our EOI is in the May draw, so fingers crossed a new life awaits.
    Good Luck Taff, hope you get in before its compulsary to go to Mosque every friday in Londonistan.

@Gibo .... I'll stop now, don't wanna ruin to many threads
    VIVA LA HOWA

I shoot a mathews monster @ 72 pounds, arrows 300 instigators, with 125 grain spitfire max broadheads.

i am new to hunting, and new to hunting. currently sighting in my first bow, a Mathews ChillR. Very nice piece of kit.

Any bowhunters frequent this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by RamBow View Post
    i am new to hunting, and new to hunting. currently sighting in my first bow, a Mathews ChillR. Very nice piece of kit.

Any bowhunters frequent this forum?

Shes a nice looking bow, what did it put you back??

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    Shes a nice looking bow, what did it put you back??
    bow, decent sight, release and 6 arrows set me back about $2100. it is a beast though! still need a stabiliser, broadheads, and everything else hunting related lol.
    Dead is better likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBow View Post
    bow, decent sight, release and 6 arrows set me back about $2100. it is a beast though! still need a stabiliser, broadheads, and everything else hunting related lol.
    Wack a picture up RamBow
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Wack a picture up RamBow
    Stabiliser arrived today from the USA. Bow starting to look the business now!
    Dundee and Toby like this.

I just discovered the wonders of eBay and bought new bits for mine! If only I could shoot like it looks! Lol
    RamBow likes this.

Well lads I am laying here in bed feeling sorry for myself - sore wrist, sore arms, sore back, sore hamstrings (did not know you used them for archery?!!) after shooting probably in excess of 200 arrows yesterday!!! I am mega hooked. Oh and all night I dreamt of bow hunting goats and birds...probably the comical BJ Holdsworth videos I was watching before I fell asleep

I just got set up with an Apex Blizzard package, I don't know what pound I am pulling I just backed it off until it felt good...came at 55lbs in the box and I couldn't draw!! Probably 25-30lbs now I'd guess. My bow can be backed right off to 5lbs so @Gibo could shoot it if he wanted.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's raining today, my 'range' is outdoors so might wander down to an orchard and ask if I can borrow a big shed later..

So addictive can't wait to get my first animal with it!
    brodster likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Where did that come from? I'll have you know i'm good for at least a 10lb draw!
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Where did that come from? I'll have you know i'm good for at least a 10lb draw!
    Hehehe MORNING!!!

Hey rando wuestion - somebody on my facebook suggested putting washers behind my target arrow tips to whack over rabbits. Is that, um, good? Legal? Ethical? Effective?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

I've been getting into my bow hunting this year. So I'm pretty new to it all but this is what I've found:

An arrow with a broad head will go through a bunny and so far into the ground and you might not see it to find it.
    The washer stops the arrow from penetrating the ground, it just sort of flips end over end.
    The washers will invariably get bend but you can straighten them up in a vice.

From what I've seen it's both effective and ethical but won't be legal on DOC land as your arrow-head has to have blades*.

A 20c coin with a hole drilled in it will do the trick too (& possibly cheeper than washers).
    [COUGH] Not that it's legal to do that to money.

* Bow and cross bow hunting: Permits and licences

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Arrow View Post
    I'veAn arrow with a broad head will go through a bunny and so far into the ground and you might not see it to find it.

Do you mean with a plain target tip?

And cheers for the website linky