Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By NZSOMA
  • 1 Post By NZSOMA
  • 3 Post By Jhon
  • 3 Post By G.I_Joel

Thread: Cz options

Cz options

For a new shooter, who is looking primarily (read solely) at the CZ range what are the general thoughts on the CZ Tactical sports orange, verse shadow 2 blue, looking primarily at a steel frame, not a polymer, he had looked at a CZ P10F.

Thoughts on the CZ’s greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    For a new shooter, who is looking primarily (read solely) at the CZ range what are the general thoughts on the CZ Tactical sports orange, verse shadow 2 blue, looking primarily at a steel frame, not a polymer, he had looked at a CZ P10F.

Thoughts on the CZ’s greatly appreciated.
    Cz fanboy. I started shooting with the Shadow 1 and havent looked back. I eventually sold it and now have a tuned Shadow 2. Honestly both guns are better than I'll ever be and unless you are a serious comp shooter (then read reviews on both to decide what suits) just buy the one you want more and enjoy.

eat pew repeat
    Beaker likes this.

@NZSOMA thanks, i noted that the P10F had non adjustable sights, whilst the others had some adjustment, also he appreciates the weight of the steel frames.

My comment is that he may be buying more features and benefits than he needs but could grow into some???

Yeah I'd say as a new shooter the basic Shadow or any CZ variant will be more than sufficient. It certainly was for me.
    My shadow 2 sights are adjustable but I've never touched them.

eat pew repeat
    Beaker likes this.

Another for Shadow 2..prior experience with 45ACP 1911..loved that the Shadow seems to eat anything that fits in the mag. I have adjusted my sights to suit my aim point. I also added an extended safety release as I have a short thumb lol..other than that stock standard and it just runs. Two years and several thousand rounds later it is like new. My opinion might be worth more if I had shot a doz or so others to compare but I guess I will never need or want to. Not a good enough shooter to outgrow the Shadow. Also I reload and have used a variety of powders and projectiles including cast.. does.not seem to matter.. FWIW.
    Tertle, 308 and Beaker like this.

I used a shadow one for probationary. Just a stock standard one with fixed rear sights. No issues and really enjoyed.

Owned a shadow 1 duo tone.

Now that was a step up..
    Shot really well with it and regret selling it. However I did so to focus on Standard Major.

Shot a few shadow 2s.
    Not for me and didnt feel anywhere as nice as my duotone.

However.

And I know you said keep it to just CZ.

However The tanfoglio equivalents. I'd take one over a CZ most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    I used a shadow one for probationary. Just a stock standard one with fixed rear sights. No issues and really enjoyed.

Owned a shadow 1 duo tone.

Now that was a step up..
    Shot really well with it and regret selling it. However I did so to focus on Standard Major.

Shot a few shadow 2s.
    Not for me and didnt feel anywhere as nice as my duotone.

However.

And I know you said keep it to just CZ.

However The tanfoglio equivalents. I'd take one over a CZ most days.
    The Shadow 1 and Duo Tone are the same gun right?
    Changes between the 1 and the 2 are minimal although I did find the increased weight of the Shad2 hard to get used to.
    If I was starting out I'd just buy a Sp01 or as mentioned any variant like the Tangfog and in time when you get a bit better send it off for a tune up and lightened trigger.

eat pew repeat

Sp01, just works.
    Eats what ever ammo (unless you forget to put powder in it....) accurate, good ergonomics, etc...
    Shadow 2, haven't owned, but have shot. All the same comments, but for me is a bit front heavy.

Can't go wrong with a CZ.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by NZSOMA View Post
    The Shadow 1 and Duo Tone are the same gun right?
    Changes between the 1 and the 2 are minimal although I did find the increased weight of the Shad2 hard to get used to.
    If I was starting out I'd just buy a Sp01 or as mentioned any variant like the Tangfog and in time when you get a bit better send it off for a tune up and lightened trigger.

eat pew repeat
    They are mostly.

The duotone has rubberized grips. Both have a ambi safety however the duotone has wings on its safety which are more user friendly. Hence why I liked the duo tone more.

Won’t ever look back if you go shadow 2. Throw some lighter springs in her, extended firing pin and some
    Grippy grips and you’ll have it for as long as you hold a B endorsement.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    nzfubz, 308 and NZSOMA like this.
    Go fast, Don’t suck

Thanks guys, I’ll pass these comments on, I’m a heathen........who knows I may cross over to the cz side one day