Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    sneakywaza I got

1 rifle 2 suppressors 2 different zero's

Zipped down to the range at the end of the day to check how my new (to me) DPT suppressor went on my .243 - 85gn Sierra sp at 3150. Fired off two three shot groups, Gunworks suppressor bottom left, DPT bottom right, unexpected shift, went top left with 95GN SST and it got worse. Like the suppressor enough to shift the zero to suit and gave it another bash top left 85sp and top left 95VLD. Then realized my mistake after I got home, with the gunworks suppressor, I can be 100 zero and without it am +3" at 100 same windage, nice way to have it for combination use, but now, DPT means it is suppressor only, no shorter lighter rifle. How the hell does it work that they spit then to two different places?
    Name:  .243 2x suppressors.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  2.98 MB

so next time out,try the DPT without baffles...so shorter and lighter...yeah like the couple of hundred grams is lighter..... just leave the plurry thing on there.
    mates 25/06 doesnt care if DPT is on or off..he took it off and snotted hopper and 250ish yards the other day...his ears are possibly still ringing so wont do it again.
    none of my rifles SO FAR TOUCH WOOD... change poi sideways without can....like you they maybe verticle by small amount but not hugely so.is barrel free floated completely or is slight weight difference enough to make it touch on one side???