Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By stagstalker
  • 4 Post By stagstalker
  • 3 Post By Kelton

Thread: 168 Berger VLD

168 Berger VLD

Back from a tahr trip last week with @Kelton and crew. We recovered this berger from a bull my mate shot using my 7 saum. Found in skin on opposite shoulder, beauty mushroom and one very dead bull. My bull shot two days prior was hammered hard and only went tumbling downhill with the shot. Bloody loving these things and they love killing Tahr! Can confirm that sika stags don’t like them at all either. We already knew all this of course but thought i’d throw up the photo for something to do anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Have you shot similar situations with the eld range out of the SAUM? What sort of speeds were you punching these out?

Quote Originally Posted by Southerner223 View Post
    Have you shot similar situations with the eld range out of the SAUM? What sort of speeds were you punching these out?
    These are going 2900 from 20” barrel. Haven’t used any ELD in the saum but shot plenty out of my old rem mag at similar speeds. My experience was they both just lead and copper that kill well. I had one questionable result with a 162 eldx but nothing questionable on the berger yet - haven’t shot as much with it so far though. @Kelton has done a bit with the 162 eldm in his saum on top of the bergers and now 180 eldm. All good things

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    These are going 2900 from 20” barrel. Haven’t used any ELD in the saum but shot plenty out of my old rem mag at similar speeds. My experience was they both just lead and copper that kill well. I had one questionable result with a 162 eldx but nothing questionable on the berger yet - haven’t shot as much with it so far though. @Kelton has done a bit with the 162 eldm in his saum on top of the bergers and now 180 eldm. All good things
    It really was textbook that photo doesnt credit how well it mushroomed and yip iv had gppd results with the M have up on the X years ago after a bad run but probably nore badluck than anything as 100,000s of people are using them with exceptional results . I will not bergers consistency is unmatched by any hornady counterpart if you care about it i wouldnt weigh a batch of hornady they still shoot stunning so that just tells me weight sorting projectiles is a waste of time and worry

Gkp
    I use to run them in a 7mmwsm, they certainly do the business