Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 180 Scenars

180 Scenars

Hi Guys,

I posted a question in the For Sales under "7mm Quandary" asking if I was going to swap to a lighter ( read shorter) than the 180 Scenars whether in fact 600-700 of the Scenars would sell easily enough?
    If not I mat persist but if easily saleable may list them.
    I have free-bore issues with the 30"kreiger so would need to lengthen the free-bore if stuck with the Scenars.
    284Win chambering.

if your going to keep it 30" id lengthen free bore as the 180s are an awesome weight in 7mm and I imagine a 30" .284 would send em well

Interestingly that the first gunsmith I contacted that has made a couple of barrels for me in the past didn't want the job due to the potential of any fire-cracking in the barrel being too hard on his reamers.
    I know they don't like working on hammer forged barrels but didn't think the fire-cracking was so bad?

A free bore reamer is cheap, around 68$us. Buy your own and ask your gunsmith to use it on your barrel if he does not want to use his.

Yes I have investigated these and spoken to guys that have done this. Another option.