Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By southernman

Thread: 20g reloader

20g reloader

Anyone got a 20g reloading press that they want to part with?

I've got several Mec shot shell loaders, sitting in the shed in Bell block, Cant remember what model Mec's they all are, Think the 20ga might be a grabber, and I have a sizemaster in 12ga, and 28ga, with a spare, 20ga adjustable bar, and swap over kit. as that was how I started out, loading one press and swap out gauge kit.

As I don't reload, for the 12ga anymore, I can make up a sizemaster 20ga, with adjustable bar, and show you how to load your own shells, Have plenty of component's. Mostly ballistic products.

The only fish hook is, I have just left for Canada, and wont be back for 3 month's.

So if you can wait, I can set up a press, show you how to use it, work up sum loads, and then if your interested, you can purchases it.

PS, if your tying to save money, you wont with 12 or 20, except for maybe a little, with high performance hunting loads, but you save heaps loading 16 & 28ga, as basic lead loads are way more expensive.
    WallyR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    I've got several Mec shot shell loaders, sitting in the shed in Bell block, Cant remember what model Mec's they all are, Think the 20ga might be a grabber, and I have a sizemaster in 12ga, and 28ga, with a spare, 20ga adjustable bar, and swap over kit. as that was how I started out, loading one press and swap out gauge kit.

As I don't reload, for the 12ga anymore, I can make up a sizemaster 20ga, with adjustable bar, and show you how to load your own shells, Have plenty of component's. Mostly ballistic products.

The only fish hook is, I have just left for Canada, and wont be back for 3 month's.

So if you can wait, I can set up a press, show you how to use it, work up sum loads, and then if your interested, you can purchases it.

PS, if your tying to save money, you wont with 12 or 20, except for maybe a little, with high performance hunting loads, but you save heaps loading 16 & 28ga, as basic lead loads are way more expensive.
    Thanks @southernman, I don't think I can wait 3 months. The only reason for loading my own is to do a xsub-sonic load for a suppressed gun. A rabbit problem with small blocks and horses nearby.

Fair enough,
    You could likely get roll crimper for the 20ga, bit of a knack to using one, but sounds like you wont be firing hundreds of rounds,