Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tentman
  • 1 Post By Tentman

Thread: 224 Valkyrie Brass

224 Valkyrie Brass

Gidday Guys - to scratch an itch to have a "light recoil wind bucker" in the cabinet I took a punt on a Savage 110 in Valkyrie - yes a complete orphan.

Got it to the range this arvo and I reckon its going to be a "hammer". Shot a test ladder with Sierra 80s and Varget, the 6 shots of the ladder went into 20mm at 100, and the 5 shot group I'd speced based on GRTs OBT function was a smidge over 10mm.

Now it looks like itll shoot I'll try some more components Hornady 88gn ELD-Ms are on the list.

However I need more Starline brass, Ive been round the usual online traps and can only get Hornady . .... so if you have seen any Starline Valkyrie brass lurkkng in your LGS I sure appreciate a heads up.
    nor-west and Doon like this.

can it be made from something else???
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Yes it can be made from 6.8 SPC, and I do have plenty of it, but I'd prefer new if I can get it!
    Micky Duck likes this.

I believe gun city have a whole lot of federal cartridges if that can be of any help? Around 49$ for a box of 20. They might give you a discount if you buy a hundred at a time.

delta mike has it listed in stock on website?