Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grey Kiwi

Thread: .22lr torque?

.22lr torque?

Whats the recommended torque setting on the Bergara, Voodu and CZ457?

Torque setting for the action into an ali chassis?

Lapua recommended 7.1nm (60 inch pounds) for the Voodu and CZ recommended 25 inch pounds. Thats a huge difference???

Tweak until you hear a snap, then back off 1/4 turn.
    Jokes aside is the CZ torque recommendation for ali chassis as well? The factory stocks for the CZ457 have a steel pillars so they maybe assuming a different set up?

Yeah, CZ457 is 25-30"lb (which is standard CZ torque even though you are fitting to a chassis).
    I'm using an Oryx chassis and quite like it. I started with the CZ At-One stock but the adjustments didn't suit me (buggered neck...takes some sorting out to get a nice fit for me).
    Oryx say that you can just tighten screws until they are just starting to firm up, then add on 1/4 turn!
    Bugger that. Those wee CZ screw threads won't withstand that sort of tension.
    I chickened out and bought a torque screwdriver 'thingy'. Not too dear from Ali.
    Not all CZ457 stocks have pillars, and those that do are using a sort of polymer (not steel) pillar.
    My At-One stock has no pillars, and Boyds say pillars not needed in their stock.
    Selling that At-One stock soon too. Will bung it on the BST if any interest.
    Last edited by Grey Kiwi; 11-07-2022 at 02:02 PM.
    Moa Hunter likes this.