Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: .243

Tried some more loads in my 243 yesterday and got pleasing results. A week or so back I tried a load of 40 grs of AR 2209 with the 95 gr Noslar BT, accuracy was good at 17 mm @ 100yards but was a bit slow at 2896 fps. Yesterday I tried 41grs of 2209 with the same bullet and got a two fold increase, faster at 2940 fps and a 14 mm three shot group.Name:  P1030287.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  2.69 MB

I now have two good loads using the 95 gr bullet, one the SST the other the BT, velocities are about the same as are the group sizes. the Noslar shots at 23/4 inches high at 100yds the SST 1.5 inches high so both usable without altering my sights.
    Micky Duck and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogfeatures View Post
    Graeme Omlo, from memory
    He was in Nelson I recall?. Spoke to him once about his article. Nice bloke. Very helpful advice.