Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mooseman

Thread: .243 using Hodgdon superprofrmance

.243 using Hodgdon superprofrmance

Is anyone loading .243 with 95 or 100 pills using Hodgdon superprofrmance powder.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

i use 87gr hornady soft point 50 thou jump i use adi 2208 for 1/2 moa

Did some load development for my mate a few weeks back, couldn't get any faster or any better with SPF than when we were using 2208 and 4831. Saved the SPF for another calibre that utilised it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Did some load development for my mate a few weeks back, couldn't get any faster or any better with SPF than when we were using 2208 and 4831. Saved the SPF for another calibre that utilised it better.
    Thanks for that I use it in my .260 so thought I might try it in a mates .243

I have just loaded some 95gr BT with 43.5 grs of Superformance so I will check accuracy and speed in the next few days. Going by the Hornady No 10 manual they should be doing 3100 fps , hope accuracy is there in my fussy rifle.
    I did load some 95 gr SST with 44 grs of Superformance a while back and got about 3150 fps but I don't think it was that accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    I have just loaded some 95gr BT with 43.5 grs of Superformance so I will check accuracy and speed in the next few days. Going by the Hornady No 10 manual they should be doing 3100 fps , hope accuracy is there in my fussy rifle.
    I did load some 95 gr SST with 44 grs of Superformance a while back and got about 3150 fps but I don't think it was that accurate.
    Awesome thanks for that

Got out today and tried a few loads in different rifles one being the 243 and the 95gr Noslar BT with 43.5 grs of Superformance. I only shot the three with that load and Averaged 2908 fps and shot a 22mm group so it's looking OK. I also shot the same bullet with 40 grs of AR 2209 and three shots averaged 2896 fps and shot a 17 mm group. Looking good for the 95 gr Noslar BT in my Remmy.
    25 /08 IMP likes this.

I will load a few more with 44 grs and maybe 44.4 grs of Superformance which is max in the Hornady manual. Be nice if it's accurate and a bit more speed. Close to 3000 fps would be better.

I used to load 85gn Barnes TSX for a browning 243 a few years back using superformance. Was loaded quite hot I remember, chrony said was just over 3300fps. Couldn't get it to work with other projectiles like the sst's or ballistic tips.

Actually found I got really good results with them using 2213sc which was a bit strange. Velocity was lower but grouped 1/3"