Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 25-20 Ammo?

25-20 Ammo?

Mate of mine has inheited a Winchester 92 in .25-20.

I have been trying to find some ammo for him without any luck.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find some, failing that maybe some brass and dies so I can load some rounds for him?
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Try Cameron Sports Imports they are the Winchester agents 09 441 9704 , you can run 32-20 brass through a 25-20 full length die and then square off the case mouth , most 25 projectiles I have seen in factory loads are flat nosed lead , so you could get a mould and cast your own , so If your mate's rifle has an excelent bore and he wants to fork out the necessary you can make them with a little effort .
    Get as close as you can then six feet closer

P38
    Spud

I have the same rifle in the same calibre.
    The only factory ammo I have come across is Winchester 86gr FP. These come in boxes of 50.

Loaded ammo can be hard to find off the shelf but Lee @ Serious Shooters or Dan @ Reloaders Suppliers in Auckland would be my pick to start with.
    Serious Shooters The Best Gun Shop. 555 Great South Road, Penrose, Auckland. Phone (09) 579-3006 - Gunshop, Firearms Shop, Gunshop NZ, Hunting ... - Serious Shooters
    http://www.reloaders.co.nz/main_page.html

I bought several hundred remmington cases off Dan a year or two ago to add to the couple of hundred I already have and reload all my 25-20 ammo.

60gr FP Hornady projectiles have been hard to get and have been out of stock for about a year. However a shipment came in in January, I bought 200. There may be some on the shelf still.

75gr FP Speer projectiles are also hard to get, I bought a couple of hundred from the Melbourne Firearms Centre. They will ship to NZ.
    melbourne firearms-rifles-shotguns-scopes-ammunition-hunting gear

No one can source me any 86gr FP projectiles even though I know Hornady makes them.

I haven't found anyone casting lead projectiles for the 25-20 ..... Yet, but are still looking.
    I may have to invest in some moulds myself.

My Winchester 92 Rifle with the projectiles listed above loves H110 and shoots very accurately out to 100m with them.

I also own a Savage 23B in 25-20wcf.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Pete

Cheers blokes

Will give serious shooters a try tomorrow, failing that will look into the reloading route, not sure how much my mate wants to invest in this but will give it a go!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."