Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Neckshot

Thread: .260 IMP

.260 IMP

I have a Kimber Montana .260 and are thinking of making it an improved any one have any load data and best way to fire form cases

Banned
    I have a 260 ai LOVE IT TO BITS .If I had my time again I would keep it a straight 260 reason being fire forming is another expense.I fire form using old projectile's that are free @R93 uses another method which works well for him.My current load which is my hunting load in a 24" is
    45.5gn of 2209 fed LR primers 140gn amax gives me 2858fps which is very accurate with more than enough stopping power.There are guys on her getting good results and speeds out of there 260 Ai's with diff projectiles so try typing in 260Ai and you will find heaps of good info from some knowlegable guys.Good luck and welcome to the forum.Another guy very worth while chatting to who gets great results and uses a lot of different loads in his straight 260 is @Gillie.
    camo wsm and Uplandstalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    I have a 260 ai LOVE IT TO BITS .If I had my time again I would keep it a straight 260 reason being fire forming is another expense.I fire form using old projectile's that are free @R93 uses another method which works well for him.My current load which is my hunting load in a 24" is
    45.5gn of 2209 fed LR primers 140gn amax gives me 2858fps which is very accurate with more than enough stopping power.There are guys on her getting good results and speeds out of there 260 Ai's with diff projectiles so try typing in 260Ai and you will find heaps of good info from some knowlegable guys.Good luck and welcome to the forum.Another guy very worth while chatting to who gets great results and uses a lot of different loads in his straight 260 is @Gillie.
    Thanks for that