Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 300 win mag

@Shearer - Thanks for the offer but I ended up getting some Norma brass a while ago (I bought 50 new and also tried out two boxes of factory norma as well).

I ended up settling on a 210gr Berger Hunting VLD with 78.0gr of AR2217 and a CCI250, haven't got COL with me but its about 0.010" off the lands in my rifle. Gives ~2830fps but is a little warm. Great for single shots and even three round groups but I took it to F-open one hot sunny day and tried a 10 shot string and I was getting sticky bolt lift and flattened primers.

I did try some Retumbo (AR2225 by another name) but didn't get the same level of accuracy as the AR2217 load, speed was comparable and pressure was probably lower.

I would highly recommend if your looking for Factory ammo that people try the Norma ammo with a 150gr Nosler BT, insanely accurate in my rifle.