Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 300 wsm pills

300 wsm pills

Hey. Any1 had much experience in 300wsm with either 208 amax or 190 targex or vld? Ive always been a fan of 168s(ttsx,vld hunting and amax, or interbond all work well) wouldnt mind something with a higher b.c though. I change ammo for close range hunting anyway.

would also appreciate any info on 208 amaxs and if they still be sweet in a tikka with them setted to fit the mag.
    if anyone is using rl17 with them I would like to know how you got on.
    cherrs

Im using rl17 too. But have 19 as well im thinking it might go better with the heavier pills. Im a tikka too they dont allow much in the mag. 2.87 max i think? Which is still heaps off the lands with most bullets

oh yeah cool. I have a sample pack of 208s so will load them up in the next week hopefully and let you no how I go. if I can't get them working at mag length I will just stick with the 168 amax as they do work. just a shame about the bc

I managed 2 get 168 vld's going better than the amax in mine. From memory they were 2.855 oal with 67.4 rl-17 and goin 3250 fps. Il check that when im home

I think you need a min of ten twist for the 208s? they do make a 178 as well with slightly better bc than the 168 so could be the go if you cant stabilize the 208s
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Just sorted a 208 load for my weatherby(1 in 10 twist) - win brass, cci br2 primer, ar2209, coal 2.855 to fit mag, 2820fps.

I'm running a very mild load with 66 grains of rl17 pushing the 168.
    I'm hoping the 208s will give me a better case fill with out losing any accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I think you need a min of ten twist for the 208s? they do make a 178 as well with slightly better bc than the 168 so could be the go if you cant stabilize the 208s
    yep I've got a starter pack to make sure they stabilize.
    the 178 wasn't offering much more over the 168 when you take into account you need to do all your load development again.
    hopefully the 208s shoot and I won't have to single feed

Howd you get on? I have some 208s to try out with rl17 or rl19

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    oh yeah cool. I have a sample pack of 208s so will load them up in the next week hopefully and let you no how I go. if I can't get them working at mag length I will just stick with the 168 amax as they do work. just a shame about the bc
    I Think the 208s will not fit mag and changing OAL I was told was not the answer as the load would be not right or bullet jump wrong or something. (It was quite some time ago)
    Thats another reason why the midget was thinking going Remington and losing the Tikka

Of course if you happy to try and just hand load them into the gun one at a time its fine... We were told this by Nathan at T Ballistics said he d tried it if my memory serves.
    I do remember him saying they are a great round for that caliber to stretch the legs...
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

would /could you try some 225gr with the 300wsm?
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Any1 thought of modifying a t3 sm mag? Or could a long action mag be the answer? Not sure how much play you have at the back for the bolt 2 pickup tho

Mod the mag and shoot 210 smks
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

how lol?
    PerazziSC3 likes this.